DBCombo box automatically search??????????
Author Message
 DBCombo box automatically search??????????

hello all!

i'm a really bad-NEW-programmer in Visual Basic and i have the following
problem:

it is said that the DBCombo box automatically search and enhance the
entry if it is an element of the list....
i have changed the match entry to "dbExtendedMatching" but nothing
hapens......

please, help me if you can - but i've only 3 days time .......

AND REMEMBER: i'm a really NEW-vb-programmer.....

thanx to all

cu karsten

Sat, 26 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 DBCombo box automatically search??????????

Set the dbCombo's Style property to 2 - DropDown List. It can't do
Matching if you also allow the user to enter text in the text portion of
the box.

At least that's true in VB4, you didn't say which version you're using.

Good luck, Michele

Quote:

>hello all!

>i'm a really bad-NEW-programmer in visual basic and i have the
following
>problem:

>it is said that the DBCombo box automatically search and enhance the
>entry if it is an element of the list....
>i have changed the match entry to "dbExtendedMatching" but nothing
>hapens......

>please, help me if you can - but i've only 3 days time .......

>AND REMEMBER: i'm a really NEW-vb-programmer.....

>thanx to all

>cu karsten

Sat, 26 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. DbCombo box Search List

2. combo or dbcombo box to search db

3. dbCombo boxes - Incremental Search (VB5)

4. DBCombo how to automatically preselect a row

5. dbCombo.text filled automatically

6. DBCombo automatically drop-down

7. Searching and automatically updating fields

8. How to Automatically SEARCH for Servers ?

9. dbcombo search

10. DbCombo Search

11. DBcombo or Textbox and database search

12. Incremental Search on a dbCombo or dbList