Import text file in SQL Server 6.5 via SQL in Visual Basic
Author Message
 Import text file in SQL Server 6.5 via SQL in Visual Basic

I am attempting to import a textfile into a SQL Server 6.5 table through
Visual Basic. I can do this easily in Access using a command like this:

INSERT INTO <tablename> SELECT * FROM
[text;database=<TextFileDirectory>;dsn=<Specification file>;
imex=2;hdr=no;fmt=fixed].[<TextFileName>#txt]

<tablename> = table in Access
<TextFileDirectory> = directory where text file exists
<Specification file> = Specification file defined in Access
<TextFileName> = Name of text file

Is there a similar SQL that I can use to make it work in SQL Server as
well. Any suggestions are welcome.

Mon, 23 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Import text file in SQL Server 6.5 via SQL in Visual Basic

2. Visual Basic & SQL server 6.5

3. Visual Basic RDO and SQL Server 6.5 null Problem

4. Connection errors with Visual Basic 4 16-bit and SQL server 6.5 on a 3.11 platform

5. How can I import a text file into a sql server using Visual basic5

7. New Transact-SQL Debugger for Microsoft SQL Server 6.5/7.0

8. SQL Debugger for Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 and 6.5

9. Project: Retrieving text fields from SQL Server 6.5

10. Searching a Text column (SQL Server 6.5)

11. Problem with Crystal Reports and Excel OLE-object stored in SQL Server 6.5 and vertical text

12. sql-server access via visual basic