Am I asking to much of transaction handling?
Author Message
 Am I asking to much of transaction handling?

I'm using two DBGrids on a single form and I'l like to be able to do a
beginTrans in the form_load and do the rollback or commitTrans in my form exit
button.  BUT I get a "No beginTrans" error some of the time.

Is the transaction handling to limited to deal with this?

Darwin C. Weyh                             (608) 236-0475 x27
Software Engineer                          CPM Corp.

Sun, 27 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Am I asking to much of transaction handling?

Quote:
>I'm using two DBGrids on a single form and I'l like to be able to do a
>beginTrans in the form_load and do the rollback or commitTrans in my form exit
>button.  BUT I get a "No beginTrans" error some of the time.

>Is the transaction handling to limited to deal with this?

What is your database?

Are you using RDO or DAO?

I had the same question, assumed there was no way in RDO to do this,
though ODBC and SQL65 would seem to allow it, if you properly share
connections.  There's even a way in SQL65 to share a transaction
handle between connections, ... I saw it in the doc, haven't
actually used it.

I'd just like to know the answer to this, too.

J.

Mon, 28 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Am I asking to much of transaction handling?

I'm using the with DAO on am Access Database

Quote:

>>I'm using two DBGrids on a single form and I'l like to be able to do a
>>beginTrans in the form_load and do the rollback or commitTrans in my form exit
>>button.  BUT I get a "No beginTrans" error some of the time.

>>Is the transaction handling to limited to deal with this?

>What is your database?

>Are you using RDO or DAO?

>I had the same question, assumed there was no way in RDO to do this,
>though ODBC and SQL65 would seem to allow it, if you properly share
>connections.  There's even a way in SQL65 to share a transaction
>handle between connections, ... I saw it in the doc, haven't
>actually used it.

>I'd just like to know the answer to this, too.

>J.

Darwin C. Weyh                             (608) 236-0475 x27
Software Engineer                          CPM Corp.

Mon, 28 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Am I asking for trouble?

2. I am asking a favor for someone else

3. Roll back transaction Error handling

4. Error handling and Database Transactions

5. Handle the transaction process

6. Error Handling: SQL Server Transaction Locks

7. Error handling and Database Transactions

8. Error handling and Database Transactions

9. ODBCDirect can't handle transactions?

10. Error handling and Database Transactions

11. To Transaction or Not to Transaction that is the question

12. ADODB TRANSACTION ADO ERROR No Transaction is Active