Adding new column to existing table
Author Message
 Adding new column to existing table

Hi all,
    I'm looking for a way for VB to add a new column into an existing table
of an Access database. Anyone has a clue?

Thanks,
-Paul

Tue, 06 Jul 2004 18:14:38 GMT
 Adding new column to existing table

> Hi all,
>     I'm looking for a way for VB to add a new column into an existing
table
> of an Access database. Anyone has a clue?

if you use ADO, take a look at ADOX in the help or microsoft MSDN. You can
add/edit/delete the fields of a database and their properties with this
library.

Regards,

Mathias Wuehrmann

Tue, 06 Jul 2004 18:32:44 GMT
 Adding new column to existing table
Other options are SQL's ALTER TABLE statement, and DAO's
Fields.Append/CreateField methods.

Quote:
> Hi,

> > Hi all,
> >     I'm looking for a way for VB to add a new column into an existing
> table
> > of an Access database. Anyone has a clue?

> if you use ADO, take a look at ADOX in the help or microsoft MSDN. You can
> add/edit/delete the fields of a database and their properties with this
> library.

> Regards,

> Mathias Wuehrmann

Wed, 07 Jul 2004 00:17:40 GMT
 Adding new column to existing table
Thanks for the tips. Just another question; can vb6 uses ADOX as well?

Quote:
> Hi,

> > Hi all,
> >     I'm looking for a way for VB to add a new column into an existing
> table
> > of an Access database. Anyone has a clue?

> if you use ADO, take a look at ADOX in the help or microsoft MSDN. You can
> add/edit/delete the fields of a database and their properties with this
> library.

> Regards,

> Mathias Wuehrmann

Thu, 08 Jul 2004 20:02:48 GMT
 Adding new column to existing table
Hi Paul,

Quote:
> Thanks for the tips. Just another question; can vb6 uses ADOX as well?

<snip>

sure, if you bind the ADOX library under references, you can use all of the
functionality with VB6 - maybe even with VB5.

Regards,

Mathias Wuehrmann

Fri, 09 Jul 2004 16:51:23 GMT
 Adding new column to existing table
Thanks for the tip, guess it's time to do some reading and experiments...

Paul

Quote:
> Hi Paul,

> > Thanks for the tips. Just another question; can vb6 uses ADOX as well?
> <snip>

> sure, if you bind the ADOX library under references, you can use all of
the
> functionality with VB6 - maybe even with VB5.

> Regards,

> Mathias Wuehrmann

Sun, 11 Jul 2004 20:48:32 GMT

1. Adding new column to existing table

2. Adding new column to existing table

3. How to modified existing field and add new field in existing table for Access database

4. need help please:joined tables,add new entries based on one table columns

5. need help please:joined tables,add new entries based on one table columns

6. new columns in existing table

7. Add column to existing table

8. add a column to an existing data table

9. add column to an existing data table

10. Adox - Add Column to existing table (HELP!!)

11. Adding new fields to an existing table

12. Crystal, add new table to existing report?