ADO OpenSchema. Does it work or not, I can only get a couple of them to return record sets.
Author Message
 ADO OpenSchema. Does it work or not, I can only get a couple of them to return record sets.

ADO OpenSchema. Does it work or not, I can only get a couple of them to
return record sets.
I asked this last week and havent seen a single post about it.
I might have just missed them, our news server puked thursday :(

Anyway any help is appreciated. I will make some source code available
for creating ActiveX objects from DataBase schemas, a DataBase to Class
Wizzard for VB5.

I did have one response via email thanks steve. Looking foward to
anything you have.
--
jarrodr (at) province (dot) com

Thu, 24 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 ADO OpenSchema. Does it work or not, I can only get a couple of them to return record sets.

ADO OpenSchema. Does it work or not, I can only get a couple of them to
return record sets.
I asked this last week and havent seen a single post about it.
I might have just missed them, our news server puked thursday :(

Anyway any help is appreciated. I will make some source code available
for creating ActiveX objects from DataBase schemas, a DataBase to Class
Wizzard for VB5.

I did have one response via email thanks steve. Looking foward to
anything you have.
--
jarrodr (at) province (dot) com

Thu, 24 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 ADO OpenSchema. Does it work or not, I can only get a couple of them to return record sets.

Jarrod,

AFAIK, it only works partially.

Later...

Niels

Quote:

>ADO OpenSchema. Does it work or not, I can only get a couple of them to
>return record sets.
>I asked this last week and havent seen a single post about it.
>I might have just missed them, our news server puked thursday :(

>Anyway any help is appreciated. I will make some source code available
>for creating ActiveX objects from DataBase schemas, a DataBase to Class
>Wizzard for VB5.

>I did have one response via email thanks steve. Looking foward to
>anything you have.
>--
>jarrodr (at) province (dot) com

Wed, 30 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 ADO OpenSchema. Does it work or not, I can only get a couple of them to return record sets.

Quote:
> Jarrod,

> AFAIK, it only works partially.

> Later...

> Niels

> >ADO OpenSchema. Does it work or not, I can only get a couple of them to
> >return record sets.
> >I asked this last week and havent seen a single post about it.
> >I might have just missed them, our news server puked thursday :(

> >Anyway any help is appreciated. I will make some source code available
> >for creating ActiveX objects from DataBase schemas, a DataBase to Class
> >Wizzard for VB5.

> >I did have one response via email thanks steve. Looking foward to
> >anything you have.
> >--
> >jarrodr (at) province (dot) com

With the gracious help of another reader, they got me pointed in the
right direction, I have since gotten all of them to work.
I will post the cleaned up commented code on my web site in the next week
or two, time permitting.
--
jarrodr (at) province (dot) com

Wed, 30 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. ADO RecordCount is not working when Recordset is returned by COM Component

2. MCI Control Gets Into a Tizzy - Done Events Not Being Generated

3. Herlp: LIKE in SQL doe not work anymore

4. Creating ADO recordset w/o database .Append not working correctly IIS5 win2000 Prof not .Net

5. OpenSchema to list tables/columns on Oracle returns invalid results

6. OpenSchema Returns incorrect results

7. OpenSchema(adSchemaForeignKeys) returns nothing

8. ADO - Getting Stored Procedure Return codes

9. Getting ADO return values??

10. getting the return value of a stored function using ADO

11. Getting ADO errors returned

12. ASP and getting Column types - OpenSchema?