GPF Visual Fox Pro 5.0 ODBC and Memo Fields me too question
Author Message
 GPF Visual Fox Pro 5.0 ODBC and Memo Fields me too question

I am just experimenting with a sample app that that I ran the Dataform
wizard to create a single record edit form.

When I and try and update a memo field, I get a disk read/write error (no
number) and no change is made to the field.  This happens when just trying
to add one character to a 10 character string.

I used Excel to layout the dB then exported it and opened VPF and made one
of the text fields into a memo field and saved it.

I'm Very new to dB/VFP access. And only a little familiar with access to
Access dbase using a Datacontrol. I did one app using dynasets to access
Access.

I'd like to keep the app I'm working on simple and use a Datacontrol, but
I'll use a Dynaset if there is no other way.

--
Steve Morrison
In Sunny San Diego

Tue, 08 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. GPF Visual Fox Pro 5.0 ODBC and Memo Fields

2. Fox Pro ODBC, ADO Large Memo

3. connecting to Visual Fox Pro 5.0

4. VB4 with Visual Fox Pro ODBC

5. Use a DBF (Visual Fox Pro) database with Visual Basic 6

6. Visual Basic vs. Visual Fox Pro

7. Visual Basic vs. Visual Fox Pro

8. Visual Basic vs. Visual Fox Pro

9. vb 3.0 prof w/ fox memo fields and high order characters

10. DB Grid and Visual Fox Pro 6.0

11. Visual Fox Pro and Access

12. Access?VB?Visual Fox Pro?