Out of curiosity...
Author Message
 Out of curiosity...

Hi,

  I'm just wondering... Would it be possible to create an application the
uses a database on a web site. For example say my web site is
www.mysite.com... and on that site I have a database the  user can use...
The user has to download a program to access it.. I'm wondering if that were
possible how would it be done? What do I need?

--
Paul Levasseur
VB Library

Sat, 01 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Out of curiosity...
Sure, they can open an ODBC connection to the remote machine (assuming they
have the app & all files & access to your machine).  Basically it could be
done just like any other app, probably would want to use a DSN-less
connection unless they'll define a DSN on their machine (or distribute a
file DSN).

Larry Triezenberg

Quote:

>  I'm just wondering... Would it be possible to create an application the
>uses a database on a web site. For example say my web site is
>www.mysite.com... and on that site I have a database the  user can use...
>The user has to download a program to access it.. I'm wondering if that
were
>possible how would it be done? What do I need?

Sun, 02 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Out of curiosity...
Hi
  Thanx for your time...
  Would you happen to know what control I would have to use to get that kind
of access?

--
Paul Levasseur
VB Library

Quote:
> Sure, they can open an ODBC connection to the remote machine (assuming
they
> have the app & all files & access to your machine).  Basically it could be
> done just like any other app, probably would want to use a DSN-less
> connection unless they'll define a DSN on their machine (or distribute a
> file DSN).

> Larry Triezenberg

Sun, 02 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. university EMR send outs

2. on the outs

3. Learning the ins and outs of Peek and Poke

4. How to handle print outs in VB?

5. Filesystem Time outs

6. Session Variable Time-outs

7. Time-outs

8. Need help with time outs

9. RC1 Curiosity

10. Type statement - curiosity - please help

11. VB4 curiosity

12. Type statement - curiosity - please help