I need pubs.mdb !
Author Message
 I need pubs.mdb !

Hi,

I'm reading a book about accessing databases via Visual Basic applications,
but the examples in the book are all referring to microsoft's pubs.mdb
example-database. But I don't have it! It isn't on my SQL-server CD-rom (I
have SQL server in Visual Studio 6: Enterprise edition), as said in the
book. Can I download the pubs.mdb anywhere?

t.i.a., Jos

Mon, 17 Nov 2003 20:40:53 GMT
 I need pubs.mdb !
Jos,

You can find the sql script to create pubs database in the install directory
of sql setup CD and its named instpubs.sql.

Dinesh.

Mon, 17 Nov 2003 21:08:15 GMT
 I need pubs.mdb !

After installing SQL server you will have Pubs already on your Server.

If you delete it then you can recreate it by running in instpubs.sql
which you will find on your hard drive after installation of SS

Allan

Quote:
>Hi,

>I'm reading a book about accessing databases via Visual Basic applications,
>but the examples in the book are all referring to microsoft's pubs.mdb
>example-database. But I don't have it! It isn't on my SQL-server CD-rom (I
>have SQL server in Visual Studio 6: Enterprise edition), as said in the
>book. Can I download the pubs.mdb anywhere?

>t.i.a., Jos

Wed, 19 Nov 2003 21:35:53 GMT

1. need help updating a local front end mdb from an mdb on an ftp site

2. Access to Excel to Word/Pub via OLE

3. pub doc and word doc on same screen

4. how to add items from Pubs to List ?

5. ftp://ftp.basicguru.com/pub/dnavarro/

6. Want pub domain or sh

7. Want pub domain or shareware report writer

8. archives of pub domain Basic progs?

9. How to Regenerate pubs

10. VB, ODBC, PUBS Database

11. Visual/DB from AJS Pub.: Anyone have experience?

12. MSMQ Pub/Sub