No server side cursors using OLE DB provider for Oracle!
Author Message
 No server side cursors using OLE DB provider for Oracle!

Using VB6 enterprise, ADO, True DB Grid (ADO version), Oracle 7.3 for NT

Having spent ages experimenting with ADO stuff I have come to the conclusion that there is no such
thing as a server side cursor using OLE DB provider for Oracle

Have set a form up with several different combinations of Cursorlocation & Cursortype and only when
the cursorlocation = client are any records displayed in the grid

In fact when I have a static, client side cursor which the book says will ne read only, its
writable!

Whats going on? is it something stupid I've done or yet another sneaky marketing trick to tempt
users to SQL Server?

Has anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Adrian Harrison

Wed, 16 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Unable to connect Oracle using the Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle

2. Connecting to Oracle thru Oracle OLE DB Provider(OraOLDDB.Oracle)

3. No server side cursors using OLE DB provider for Oracle!

4. Problem Using MS OLE DB Provider for Oracle

5. Problem Using MS OLE DB Provider for Oracle

6. Problem Using MS OLE DB Provider for Oracle

7. OLE DB error -2147217887 with client side cursor

8. Problem with Oracle Provider for OLE DB

9. Oracle OLE DB - Provider and ADO - Problem with Unicode

10. OLE DB Provider for Oracle problem in Data Environment

11. Microsoft --OR-- Oracle OLE DB provider

12. ADO with Microsoft Oracle OLE DB Provider.