Q:non-MDI form to update MDI form
Author Message
 Q:non-MDI form to update MDI form

    How can i send info. from a non-MDI form in my program to a MDI
form?  Example:  one form has a list of names in a database.  on this
form with the names, the user selects the name they want and clicks the
command button to update the form to give more info. on the name the
user selected.

Jereme

Sun, 07 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Q:non-MDI form to update MDI form
I would use a custom property on the MDI that you can use from other parts
of your program

'in MDI Form
Public Property Let RecordID(lVal as Long)
    'do lookup of data and fill form appropriately
End Property

'in other form
Private Sub cmdSelect_Click()
    MDIFormName.RecordID = CurrID
End Sub

Quote:

>    How can i send info. from a non-MDI form in my program to a MDI
>form?  Example:  one form has a list of names in a database.  on this
>form with the names, the user selects the name they want and clicks the
>command button to update the form to give more info. on the name the
>user selected.

>Jereme

Sun, 07 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Q: Form activate Fires On Non Child MDI Forms But Only Once On Child Mdi Forms

2. Non-MDI form to MDI form

3. Modal non MDI forms and Modeless MDI child forms in VB 5.0

4. MDI Form vs Non-MDI form

5. Non MDI child forms cause MDI application to lose focus

6. MDI .vs. Non-MDI Form

7. MDI and updating non-visible forms

8. Child form in non MDI form

9. Modifying object in MDI Parent form from MDI Child form

10. Make a reference to a MDI form with a reference of a MDI child form

11. MDI-Child form and positon on MDI-form

12. Developing OLE MDI Child forms displayed on Control MDI Form