Optimistic Record locking (networked Database)
Author Message
 Optimistic Record locking (networked Database)

Can someone help me....

In Access if you set up:

No Locks - Microsoft Access does not lock the record you're editing. When
you try to save changes to a record that another person has also changed,
Microsoft Access displays a message giving you the options of overwriting
the other user's changes to the record, copying your version of the record
to the Clipboard, or discarding your changes.

QUESTION:

How can I get VB to trapped the same message (using an Access Database with
"no locks")  ? In other words, how does VB know that another user is trying
to edit the record also ?   I am accessing the record through program code
(rather then the Data Control) and changes get overwritten without warning.

TIA,

Brenda

Fri, 14 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Optimistic Record locking (networked Database)
Why don't you use dbpessimistic from Vb and trap the error?
Lus Prudente

Quote:
> Can someone help me....

> In Access if you set up:

> No Locks - Microsoft Access does not lock the record you're editing. When
> you try to save changes to a record that another person has also changed,
> Microsoft Access displays a message giving you the options of overwriting
> the other user's changes to the record, copying your version of the record
> to the Clipboard, or discarding your changes.

> QUESTION:

> How can I get VB to trapped the same message (using an Access Database
with
> "no locks")  ? In other words, how does VB know that another user is
trying
> to edit the record also ?   I am accessing the record through program code
> (rather then the Data Control) and changes get overwritten without
warning.

> TIA,

> Brenda

Sun, 16 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Optimistic Lock: No Error Adding New Record

2. Add a new item also locked with optimistic locking

3. While using a DataBase on a network: Database locked

4. Optimistic Locking and Write Conflict Errors

5. Optimistic Locking in VB with Stored procedures

6. Re : Error 3186 on Optimistic Locking

7. Error 3186 on Optimistic Locking

8. Dynamic cursor + Optimistic batch locking

9. IOT and Optimistic Locks

10. Help needed : ServerSide Cursor and Optimistic Locking

11. Forcing update after multi-user conflict with optimistic locking

12. Timestamp datatype and VB - optimistic lock