VB for CE talking to Oracle (wireless app)
Author Message
 VB for CE talking to Oracle (wireless app)

Is it possible to write a VB application for a Windows CE that connects to
oracle?  I was planning on developing this application for a HP620LX or
HP680LX. I was also hoping to use a wireless pcmcia network connection.
Any suggestions or pointers would be greatly Appreciated,
Thanks in advance,
Dave

Mon, 19 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB for CE talking to Oracle (wireless app)
David,

My company has an SDK for doing just that.  We also have several
off-the-shelf products that you can use or have us configure.
http://www.dmdsys.com

HTH,

Doug

Tue, 20 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB for CE talking to Oracle (wireless app)
You might want to jump over to the microsoft.public.vb.vbce group.  I
haven't dealt with CE (yet) but I do know it has a scaled down ADO object.
I don't see why you shouldn't be able to create something like this.  Also,
you might want to check and see if MS has an SDK for this as I believe they
do.

--

Later,
Tony Fountain, MCP

> Is it possible to write a VB application for a Windows CE that connects to
> oracle?  I was planning on developing this application for a HP620LX or
> HP680LX. I was also hoping to use a wireless pcmcia network connection.
> Any suggestions or pointers would be greatly Appreciated,
> Thanks in advance,
> Dave

Tue, 20 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Wireless Microphone - China Wireless Microphone Manufacturer

2. RPC Server on NT talking to a VB app

3. VB App talk to OS/2

4. Programming a WinCGi app to talk to a CGI app on NT server

5. Can VB apps run on Windows CE

6. Trouble Porting VB 3.0 SQLServer App to VB 4.0 and Oracle

7. Native driver for Oracle 8 in CR 8.5 and CE 8.0

8. Accessing an Oracle database from CE

9. Can 2 VB5 apps talk to each other.

10. my vb5 app only talks one direction with ms word

11. 2 Apps Talking over a tcp/ip network

12. Access To Oracle Backend For VB APP.