VB to MS Word Mergefield
Author Message
 VB to MS Word Mergefield

If you have an Access database (I'm unsure if this is what you mean) then
Word can deal with these - simply specify Access as a datasource.  I would
do the Word work directly in Word, which is easily accomplished using the
mailmerge wizard - three simple questions, and then insert the necessary
merge fields.  If you want more help, shout!

Quote:
> I have a record from a SQL database and want to populate the mergefields
in
> a Word document.  How do you accomplish the merge?  I know how to do the
> process by using bookmarks, but I am required to use mergefields with MS
> Word 7.0.  HELP!!!

Sat, 06 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VB to MS Word Mergefield

Use ODBC!

Quote:

--
Daniel Chait
American Management Systems

Sat, 06 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VB to MS Word Mergefield

More specifically, use MS Query.  MS Query needs to be installed on your
user's computer for overall ease of use.  The typical Office 95 install
does not install this component, it is an optional part of Excel.  I have
used MS Query this way and it is very fast.  It is highly likely that you
can set up the mail merge for your user and the only thing they'll need is
the same data source name.  But you'll need to play with it a bit.

Good luck.
--
Scott L. Holmes

Sat, 06 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB to MS Word Mergefield

2. VB to MS Word Mergefield

3. VB to MS Word Mergefield

4. WORD 2000 mergefield

5. Call vba function from word mergefield

6. Word VBA to Save File Name from MergeField

7. Q:Envoking MS-Word from VB4 when Exchange is using MS-Word

8. MergeField manipulation by VB Code

9. How does one look at data in an open MS access aplication from MS Word

10. Working with MS Word and MS Access

11. MS Access & MS Word Automation/Security Issue

12. MS PJ 2000 and MS Word via VBA