Using VB to access MS Access (mdb file) in remote host
Author Message
 Using VB to access MS Access (mdb file) in remote host

I am a beginner of VB programming, I don't know which method (ADO, DAO, RDO or other ways) is capable and the best to access MS Access database (mdb file) in a remote host. Please help!
Submitted via WebNewsReader of http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 25 Aug 2003 16:01:53 GMT
 Using VB to access MS Access (mdb file) in remote host
ADO is your solution

Buses stop at bus stations.
Trains stop at train stations.

My desk has a workstation.

Quote:
> I am a beginner of VB programming, I don't know which method (ADO, DAO,

RDO or other ways) is capable and the best to access MS Access database (mdb
file) in a remote host. Please help!
> Submitted via WebNewsReader of http://www.interbulletin.com

Mon, 25 Aug 2003 17:03:50 GMT
 Using VB to access MS Access (mdb file) in remote host
Thanks so much.

Quote:
>ADO is your solution

>--
>Buses stop at bus stations.
>Trains stop at train stations.

>My desk has a workstation.

>> I am a beginner of VB programming, I don't know which method (ADO, DAO,
>RDO or other ways) is capable and the best to access MS Access database (mdb
>file) in a remote host. Please help!
>> Submitted via WebNewsReader of http://www.interbulletin.com

Submitted via WebNewsReader of http://www.interbulletin.com

Tue, 26 Aug 2003 18:39:12 GMT
 Using VB to access MS Access (mdb file) in remote host
When you say a remote server, I presume that this is accessed over a dial-up
link or some other intra-net methodology. I'm afraid I cannot give you the
answer on how to best do this, but I do know that Access is *not* the
solution: you will need some kind of client/server database, eg Sybase,
Oracle or Microsoft's SQL Server.

Best of luck!

Tom rosborg.

Tue, 26 Aug 2003 19:43:56 GMT

1. accessing remote Access MDB file

2. Accessing .MDB file from remote file server thru slow LAN

3. Using an mdb file with VB 6 ADO without Access installed

4. MS Access Come up with using VB5 to create .mdb

5. Regarding Accessing External database using MS-Access and MS-Visual Basic

6. Remote Access APIs from MS Access

7. Accessing MS Access from Web using VB?

8. accessing MS access database using VB&CGI

9. Does user need Microsoft Access License to use EXE file that access .MDB file

10. Specifiying a Workgroup File When Using ADO to Open an Access .mdb file (OLEDB)

11. Using the MS Windows Browse file DLL from MS Access

12. generating an MS Access .mdb file?