Informix with VB 6.0
Author Message
 Informix with VB 6.0

Hi All,

I am in a big problem with VB 6.0 and Infomrix 9.21.

I have found that it is no locking set to the Database
when I set the selection is for update. The testing is two
program set the same row of data (of cause the table has
primary key and in row lock mode), they all are success to
retrieve the row. However when one program has updated the
row but not yet commit, the other program cannot update
the same row and return error.

Is it possible to lock the row data during select row for
update? Because I have tried by winsql and it works
properly.

Please help. It is urgent. Thanks alot.

The coding is as follow:

RUNNING_NO_WAIT_SECONDS = 30

wspODBC.BeginTrans

'Set Trancation isolation level
gdbAnglissDB.Execute ("set isolation to committed read
retain update locks")
gdbAnglissDB.Execute ("set lock mode to wait " &
RUNNING_NO_WAIT_SECONDS)

strSQL = "select * from tbl_1 where running_type = 'PO'
and running_mth = '2002-07' for update "
Set recSQL = gdbAnglissDB.OpenRecordset(strSQL,
dbOpenSnapshot)

Tue, 04 Jan 2005 20:29:27 GMT

1. unload file from Informix using VB 6.0

2. Hilfe: VB 4.0 Zugriff auf Informix Online 6.0 via ODBC

3. Informix 6.0/MS Access Connection

4. VB 6.0 - Visual FoxPro 6.0 Tables and VB

5. Problem: VB6, Informix OLE DB, Informix Client SDK 2.30

6. Problem: VB6, Informix OLE DB, Informix Client SDK 2.30

7. Problem: VB6, Informix OLE DB, Informix Client SDK 2.30

8. Problem: VB6, Informix OLE DB, Informix Client SDK 2.30

9. VB 6.0 reports vs. Crystal 6.0

10. VB 6.0 and IE 6.0 system OCXs and DLLs incompatibilities

11. VB 6.0, Crystal 6.0 & ODBC

12. VB 6.0 and Crystal Reports 6.0