Unrecognized Format with VB/Access2000
Author Message
 Unrecognized Format with VB/Access2000

Since installing Access2000, things like the Data Control or the Data Form
Wizard have stopped working in VB6 (Error: Unrecognized Format).
Is there a fix for this??????

Thank you all for your continued help, as soon as I get up to speed with
this platform I promise to contribuite answers as well as questions ; )

Oscar

Fri, 07 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Unrecognized Format with VB/Access2000

Quote:

> Since installing Access2000, things like the Data Control or the Data Form
> Wizard have stopped working in VB6 (Error: Unrecognized Format).
> Is there a fix for this??????

  See MS KnowledgeBase:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q238/4/01.asp
  Article states "The DAO generic Data-Control does not work against
Access 2000 databases, and always generates error 3343 unless used as
instructed in the RESOLUTION section of this article."
  You could search KnowledgeBase further to see if there's help with the
Data Form Wizard migrating to A2K.  Not cracking wise, but I truly
believe your time would be better spent learning to develop forms
without wizards at all.  Just my opinion, but I want to know how and why
my form is set up, so I do it myself.
  Hope that gets ya goin'
--
Jim in Cleveland
If you're writing to me, in my address

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love & understanding?"
     - Nick Lowe

Fri, 07 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Unrecognized Format with VB/Access2000

Quote:
>Snip<
> Not cracking wise, but I truly
> believe your time would be better spent learning to develop forms
> without wizards at all.  Just my opinion, but I want to know how and why

Agree 100% , I use it only under following circumstances:

1. Quick and dirty, one time-only needs
2. Learning - (Just switched platform)
3. Repetitive Tasks - The wizard can quickly create the basic class
prototype and all I need to do is tweak it with my requirements.  This helps
in setting up many classes for files that are basically similar in function.

Anyhow, I apreciate your help, I still can't figure out if my users need to
install A2K or if there is some file I can distribuite so that they can read
my database (on network).

Regards and happy Y2K.

Oscar

Sat, 08 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB6 to Access2000 Unrecognized Database Format

2. Access2000 Unrecognized mdb in VB6

3. Backend database crashing with Unrecognized Database Format

4. Visual Basic: Unrecognized Database Format Error

5. Unrecognized database format - A FIX FOR 3.51!

6. CreateDatabase and Unrecognized format

7. Unrecognized database format

8. Unrecognized database format?

9. Unrecognized format

10. compile error: unrecognized database format

11. FYI: Unrecognized database format

12. Problem with unrecognized database format