Access2000 and VB6 bug
Author Message
 Access2000 and VB6 bug

I recently upgraded to Visual Basic 6, and Access 2000 at the same time. Now
VB will not recognise the format of databases that have been created in
Access 2000. Is there anyway to change this, or do I have to revert to
Access ' 97 ??

Fri, 22 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Access2000 and VB6 bug
Its not a bug. Its that Access 2000 databases use Jet 4,
whose format is incompatible with the data controls that are
use DAO 3.5 in VB.

Maybe you could try crossposting to fewer newsgroups now
that you know whats up, and post to just the one or two that
are relevant?

--
MichKa

-------------------------------------
don't send questions by e-mail unless
you're paying for it. (TANSTAAFL!) :-)

random junk of dubious value and
replica error and problem fixing at:
http://www.trigeminal.com

Quote:
> I recently upgraded to Visual basic 6, and Access 2000 at
the same time. Now
> VB will not recognise the format of databases that have
been created in
> Access 2000. Is there anyway to change this, or do I have
to revert to
> Access ' 97 ??

Fri, 22 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Access2000 and VB6 bug

Quote:
> Maybe you could try crossposting to fewer newsgroups now
> that you know whats up, and post to just the one or two that
> are relevant?

Ouch! ;-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Klaus H. Probst
http://members.xoom.com/kprobst/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fri, 22 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Access2000 and VB6 bug
You need to set the connection to OLEDB Jet 4.0 vice 3.51.
regards, Ed
Quote:

> I recently upgraded to Visual basic 6, and Access 2000 at the same time. Now
> VB will not recognise the format of databases that have been created in
> Access 2000. Is there anyway to change this, or do I have to revert to
> Access ' 97 ??

Fri, 22 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Access2000 and VB6 bug
Look at

< http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q238/4/01.ASP >

 -- Dev

Quote:
> I recently upgraded to Visual basic 6, and Access 2000 at the same time.
Now
> VB will not recognise the format of databases that have been created in
> Access 2000. Is there anyway to change this, or do I have to revert to
> Access ' 97 ??

Sat, 23 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Access2000 and VB6 bug
Ask me? Go back to off97. I've got loads of problems with acc2000.

Quote:
> I recently upgraded to Visual basic 6, and Access 2000 at the same time.
Now
> VB will not recognise the format of databases that have been created in
> Access 2000. Is there anyway to change this, or do I have to revert to
> Access ' 97 ??

Tue, 26 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Access2000 and VB6 bug

Quote:

>I recently upgraded to Visual basic 6, and Access 2000 at the same time. Now
>VB will not recognise the format of databases that have been created in
>Access 2000. Is there anyway to change this, or do I have to revert to
>Access ' 97 ??

I had the same problem.
Microsoft was very helpful at telling what the problem was, but never
did tell me how to fix it.
Same with help from some news groups, lots of help telling me what was
wrong, and even a lot of people telling me I was posting in the wrong
group ( hey I'm not proud, I'll take help from anywhere) But I never
was told how to fix it.

I ended up converting my access 2000 database to Dbase 5 and then
importing it into VB6 as a Dbase 5 file. Doesn't solve the A 2000 /VB6
problem, but it got me back up and running.

W.

Sat, 30 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Access2000 and VB6 bug
If you're using DAO, you need to upgrade to DAO 3.6.  It comes with SP3, or
you can D/L it separately from the MS site.  After that if you're using a
DAO data data control, you need to add a few simple lines of code, and all
will work fine.  This link will help:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q238/4/01.ASP

Scott

Quote:

> >I recently upgraded to Visual basic 6, and Access 2000 at the same time.
Now
> >VB will not recognise the format of databases that have been created in
> >Access 2000. Is there anyway to change this, or do I have to revert to
> >Access ' 97 ??

> I had the same problem.
> Microsoft was very helpful at telling what the problem was, but never
> did tell me how to fix it.
> Same with help from some news groups, lots of help telling me what was
> wrong, and even a lot of people telling me I was posting in the wrong
> group ( hey I'm not proud, I'll take help from anywhere) But I never
> was told how to fix it.

> I ended up converting my access 2000 database to Dbase 5 and then
> importing it into VB6 as a Dbase 5 file. Doesn't solve the A 2000 /VB6
> problem, but it got me back up and running.

> W.

Sat, 30 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Access2000 and VB6 bug
Like what?
Quote:

> Ask me? Go back to off97. I've got loads of problems with acc2000.

> > I recently upgraded to Visual basic 6, and Access 2000 at the same time.
> Now
> > VB will not recognise the format of databases that have been created in
> > Access 2000. Is there anyway to change this, or do I have to revert to
> > Access ' 97 ??

Sun, 31 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Access2000 and VB6 bug

2. Access2000 and VB6 bug

3. VB6 Bug - Clipboard emptied when starting vb6

4. incompability between VB6.0 to access2000

5. VB6 application templates (Access2000 backend)

6. Migrate form Access2000 to VB6

7. VB6.0, Access2000 and ADO

8. VB6, Access2000 Security thru .UDL file

9. VB6 retrieve data from Access2000 db

10. VB6 vs Access2000

11. VB6 And Access2000 - Performance Issue

12. access2000 with VB6