DCom98
Author Message
 DCom98

When I package my software with the Package and Deployment wizard I get
a message when I'm finished telling me I need to include DCom98 in my
project, yet the EULA for DCom98 says I cannot redistribute it. Can
anyone tell me what I need to do? Thanks,

john

Sat, 21 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 DCom98
You don't need to redist DCOM98 because it's already included, look the ms
notes at:

http://www.microsoft.com/com/dcom/dcom98/redis.asp

HTH,

Bart

Quote:
> When I package my software with the Package and Deployment wizard I get
> a message when I'm finished telling me I need to include DCom98 in my
> project, yet the EULA for DCom98 says I cannot redistribute it. Can
> anyone tell me what I need to do? Thanks,

> john

Sun, 22 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 DCom98
I've included the  DCOM98 exe in my installations.  It's on the Visual
Studio CD and you need it in order to run the latest Microsoft data access
components  (MDAC 2.1 for me) on Windows 95 machines.  I read an MS
knowledge base article that said you had to do this, so I am sure it is
allowed.

Quote:
> When I package my software with the Package and Deployment wizard I get
> a message when I'm finished telling me I need to include DCom98 in my
> project, yet the EULA for DCom98 says I cannot redistribute it. Can
> anyone tell me what I need to do? Thanks,

> john

Mon, 23 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. DCOM98??????

2. DCOM98

3. DCOM98.exe or DCOM95.exe

4. DCOM98 and Dial-Up

5. DCOM98 How to install within setup - process???

6. Download DCom98

7. DCOM98 - Cluster Size

8. VB6 Distribution Package Setup (MAC_TYP.EXE and DCOM98)?

9. newbie dcom question - post dcom98 fundamentally different?

10. DSClient and DCOM98 v1.3 incompatible?

11. HOW TO KNOW IF DCOM98 IS INSTALLED

12. DCOM98 and DCOM95