how to handle Multiple values for one field(may be innocense question but.:-)
Author Message
 how to handle Multiple values for one field(may be innocense question but.:-)

Hi ,
Suppose i collect orders from customers to a database..
Yf an customer selects an only one  product from a list (for example from a
list box) then  i simply get it and place into "ordered product" field in a
table..
In other case, customer selects  multiple product from listbox  ,how can i
handle these selections to replace into a table ..because I have only one
field for ordered product..
Can you help me?
Thanks..

Wed, 31 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 how to handle Multiple values for one field(may be innocense question but.:-)
Rule number one: ALWAYS build to scale up.

Your tables should account for multiple products.
Orders Table
OrderID Date OrderNumber CustomerName ShippingOptions

OrderDETAILS table
ItemID ItemBrand ItemModel ItemName Quantity OrderID

Your relationship between Orders and OrderDetails will allow you to have
multiple items on one order. Your code needs to be able to tell when a
customer chooses more than one product by enumerating the control they
select the products in.

Chris Stamey
-------------------
http://www.Farther.com/VBAnswerNetwork

Hi ,
Suppose i collect orders from customers to a database..
Yf an customer selects an only one  product from a list (for example from a
list box) then  i simply get it and place into "ordered product" field in a
table..
In other case, customer selects  multiple product from listbox  ,how can i
handle these selections to replace into a table ..because I have only one
field for ordered product..
Can you help me?
Thanks..

Wed, 31 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Update fields in pg2 header of doc which may or may NOT end up w/pg2

2. populate multiple fields based on input keyed into one field

3. Creating multiple fields from one concatinated field

4. Handling multiple mouse events in one procedure

5. One sub handling multiple menu items

6. handling multiple events with one event handler

7. How Would I Get Winsock to to handle Multiple connections on One Port

8. How Would I Get Winsock to to handle Multiple connections on One Port

9. Trouble concatenating multiple rows from one field

10. mail to multiple ppl with each one getting only his name in the To field

11. multiple fields under one ALIAS

12. Multiple fields in one control