Specified SQL server not found (ERROR)
Author Message
 Specified SQL server not found (ERROR)

Hi,

I have a VB exe application which is to be run on client workstations.
This application has a DataGrid and ADODC control on it. (VB 6.0 with
SQL Server 7.0)

The problem is that when I run this exe on client workstation it gives me
the following error even before the form gets opened. (Basically crashes!):
   [DBNMPNTW] Specified SQL server not found

Now I found out that if I have a SQL server installed on the workstation
with the associated databases in it, this does not occur. However this is
not desirable, since we have the database on one central SQLServer to which
the exe will connect thru the ADODC control.

Any ideas ??
Thanks in advance for your help..

-Ramneek

Tue, 27 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Specified SQL server not found (ERROR)
If you install the MDAC on the client machine you will not see this error.
Another alternative is to install the SQL Server Client Utilities on the
client.

Kirk

Quote:
> Hi,

> I have a VB exe application which is to be run on client workstations.
> This application has a DataGrid and ADODC control on it. (VB 6.0 with
> SQL Server 7.0)

> The problem is that when I run this exe on client workstation it gives me
> the following error even before the form gets opened. (Basically
crashes!):
>    [DBNMPNTW] Specified SQL server not found

> Now I found out that if I have a SQL server installed on the workstation
> with the associated databases in it, this does not occur. However this is
> not desirable, since we have the database on one central SQLServer to
which
> the exe will connect thru the ADODC control.

> Any ideas ??
> Thanks in advance for your help..

> -Ramneek

> --

Wed, 28 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Specified SQL Server not found error

2. Error #-2146824582 ADO could not find the specified provider Using SQL SERVER CE

3. Specified SQL server not found.

4. Specified SQL server not found.

5. Specified SQL server not found.

6. Can not find SQL Server (I'm not using SQL Server)

7. Specified Server Not Found Error

8. Crystal 6 with Oracle - Error 599 SQL SERVER NOT FOUND

9. Error:SQL server not Found?

10. Error: ADO could not find specified provider

11. Data Source Name not found and no default driver specified error

12. ADO could not find the specified provider Error!