INNER JOIN's on 4 tables with access
Author Message
 INNER JOIN's on 4 tables with access

Hi everyone,

I seem to be having a problem using the INNER JOIN key word in my SQL
statment.  I developed it using a database on SQL Server 7.0 and it
worked fine, but after it was done I needed to export it to an
Microsoft Access database, and the SQL Statment no longer works.  I am
sure it is the INNER JOIN's I am using.

Example of how I am doing it now:

SELECT * FROM tblEvents INNER JOIN tblCourses ON tblCourses.CourseID =
tblEvents.CourseID INNER JOIN tblEducator ON tblEducator.EduID =
tblEvents.EduID

but if I try the above with an Access database, I get:

Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression
'tblCourses.CourseID = tblEvents.CourseID INNER JOIN tblEducator ON
tblEducator.EduID = tblEvents.EduID'.

Is there a differance between SQL on SQL Server 7.0, and the SQL with
Microsoft Access??

Any help would be great..

Thanks,
Kyle

Sat, 23 Aug 2003 12:18:59 GMT
 INNER JOIN's on 4 tables with access
I always cut and paste from Access so I never look very close at the
syntax but I did a similar join and they have parenthesis as indicated
below. I was surprised to find that if I removed the parenthesis it gave
an error. I thought the optimizer or what ever it's called determined the
order in which the joins are done. I don't know why Access requires the
parenthesis??? Bobby
Quote:

> Hi everyone,

> I seem to be having a problem using the INNER JOIN key word in my SQL
> statment.  I developed it using a database on SQL Server 7.0 and it
> worked fine, but after it was done I needed to export it to an
> Microsoft Access database, and the SQL Statment no longer works.  I am
> sure it is the INNER JOIN's I am using.

> Example of how I am doing it now:

> SELECT * FROM (tblEvents INNER JOIN tblCourses ON tblCourses.CourseID =
> tblEvents.CourseID) INNER JOIN tblEducator ON tblEducator.EduID =
> tblEvents.EduID

> but if I try the above with an Access database, I get:

> Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression
> 'tblCourses.CourseID = tblEvents.CourseID INNER JOIN tblEducator ON
> tblEducator.EduID = tblEvents.EduID'.

> Is there a differance between SQL on SQL Server 7.0, and the SQL with
> Microsoft Access??

> Any help would be great..

> Thanks,
> Kyle

Sat, 23 Aug 2003 13:50:49 GMT
 INNER JOIN's on 4 tables with access

Well, that was it.
It seems really dumb that Access requires that :(
Oh well, what can ya do?
Thanks for your help Bobby

Kyle

Quote:
>I always cut and paste from Access so I never look very close at the
>syntax but I did a similar join and they have parenthesis as indicated
>below. I was surprised to find that if I removed the parenthesis it gave
>an error. I thought the optimizer or what ever it's called determined the
>order in which the joins are done. I don't know why Access requires the
>parenthesis??? Bobby

>> Hi everyone,

>> I seem to be having a problem using the INNER JOIN key word in my SQL
>> statment.  I developed it using a database on SQL Server 7.0 and it
>> worked fine, but after it was done I needed to export it to an
>> Microsoft Access database, and the SQL Statment no longer works.  I am
>> sure it is the INNER JOIN's I am using.

>> Example of how I am doing it now:

>> SELECT * FROM (tblEvents INNER JOIN tblCourses ON tblCourses.CourseID =
>> tblEvents.CourseID) INNER JOIN tblEducator ON tblEducator.EduID =
>> tblEvents.EduID

>> but if I try the above with an Access database, I get:

>> Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression
>> 'tblCourses.CourseID = tblEvents.CourseID INNER JOIN tblEducator ON
>> tblEducator.EduID = tblEvents.EduID'.

>> Is there a differance between SQL on SQL Server 7.0, and the SQL with
>> Microsoft Access??

>> Any help would be great..

>> Thanks,
>> Kyle

Sun, 24 Aug 2003 07:42:36 GMT

1. SELECT . INNER JOIN--INNER JOIN

2. !how VB update Table A INNER JOIN Table B, Set A.co=B.ID

3. how VB update Table A INNER JOIN Table B, Set A.co=B.ID

4. how VB update Table A INNER JOIN Table B, Set A.co=B.ID

5. how VB update Table A INNER JOIN Table B, Set A.co=B.ID

6. how VB update Table A INNER JOIN Table B, Set A.co=B.ID

7. how VB update Table A INNER JOIN Table B, Set A.co=B.ID

8. how VB update Table A INNER JOIN Table B, Set A.co=B.ID

9. !how VB update Table A INNER JOIN Table B, Set A.co=B.ID

10. !how VB update Table A INNER JOIN Table B, Set A.co=B.ID

11. how VB update Table A INNER JOIN Table B, Set A.co=B.ID

12. How to execute a Inner Join between Tables on a DATASET