Shouldn't MS combine Access and VB?
Author Message
 Shouldn't MS combine Access and VB?

Is it just me, or does everyone feel that MS is just making extra money by
having two very similar SKUs to sell...since VB will do nearly all that
Access will do why not combine them and have a compilable Access instead of
the VERY messy 6 disk minimum install of the Access SDK application (not to
mention having to shell out $500 bucks for SDK!)

Sun, 31 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Shouldn't MS combine Access and VB?
In my point of view, Access and VB (I have 5 years working with these
products, so I know my point ...) are very different products oriented for
different users. (Even non-technical people can make a database app. in
Access)
Isnt so easy make an VB app. identical in behaivor to an Access app.
In a certain way they are complementary.
Access:good for database oriented app.
VB: 4x4 all-terrain product

Maybe your point is right for Access vs FoxPro ...

--
Alberto Borbolla
Tecnologia en Sistemas

Replace "X" to send mail

Quote:
> Is it just me, or does everyone feel that MS is just making extra money
by
> having two very similar SKUs to sell...since VB will do nearly all that
> Access will do why not combine them and have a compilable Access instead
of
> the VERY messy 6 disk minimum install of the Access SDK application (not
> mention having to shell out $500 bucks for SDK!)

Sun, 31 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Newbie needs help combining MS fax with Access

2. Command button won't make use of module driving MS Project from MS Access 2000

3. 'how vb handles security set by MS access

4. Can't open MS ACCESS 2.0 databases with VB 3.0 Pro

5. 'how vb handles security set by MS access

6. This shouldn't work, but ...

7. It just shouldn't be this complicated...

8. Shouldn't this be easy?

9. Forms taking focus when they shouldn't

10. Please Help: Shouldn't this work?

11. Record Locking Shouldn't Be So Hard

12. EZTouchPOS Why you shouldn't buy it