MS Jet 4.0 - bug or behavior by design?
Author Message
 MS Jet 4.0 - bug or behavior by design?

In VB 6.0 I have a DataGrid control I am trying to bind to ADO recordset.
Example:

cnn.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" &
MyMDBFile
cnn.Open
rec.CursorLocation = adUseClient
rec.Open "SELECT * FROM MyTable", cnnDB, adOpenKeyset, adLockOptimistic
Set DataGrid1.DataSource = rec

And here is the problem:
if I change CursorLocation to adUseSever DataGrid does not display anything
(it does not bind?)
 - with Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.3.51 it works fine.

Could anybody help me? Am I missing something important about MS Jet 4.0 ?

--
Tom Jastrzebski

Please remove 'spam' on reply.

Sat, 13 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 MS Jet 4.0 - bug or behavior by design?

Hi Tom. Something similar happend to me and I have to go back to Jet 3.51.
I read something at the newsgroup that it is a change of behavior and not a
bug but who really knows?
Sorry for not helping you...

Tom Jastrzebski escribi en mensaje ...

Quote:
>In VB 6.0 I have a DataGrid control I am trying to bind to ADO recordset.
>Example:

>cnn.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" &
>MyMDBFile
>cnn.Open
>rec.CursorLocation = adUseClient
>rec.Open "SELECT * FROM MyTable", cnnDB, adOpenKeyset, adLockOptimistic
>Set DataGrid1.DataSource = rec

>And here is the problem:
>if I change CursorLocation to adUseSever DataGrid does not display anything
>(it does not bind?)
> - with Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.3.51 it works fine.

>Could anybody help me? Am I missing something important about MS Jet 4.0 ?

>--
>Tom Jastrzebski

>Please remove 'spam' on reply.

Sat, 13 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 MS Jet 4.0 - bug or behavior by design?
hi,
have a look at
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q201/5/76.asp
it seeme to me that M$ has broken compatibility in the recordset object...
that's my 0.02$
please post additional resorces to the NG
andrea Montanari

Julieta Borruel ha scritto nel messaggio

Quote:
>Hi Tom. Something similar happend to me and I have to go back to Jet 3.51.
>I read something at the newsgroup that it is a change of behavior and not a
>bug but who really knows?
>Sorry for not helping you...

>Tom Jastrzebski escribi en mensaje ...
>>In VB 6.0 I have a DataGrid control I am trying to bind to ADO recordset.
>>Example:

>>cnn.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" &
>>MyMDBFile
>>cnn.Open
>>rec.CursorLocation = adUseClient
>>rec.Open "SELECT * FROM MyTable", cnnDB, adOpenKeyset, adLockOptimistic
>>Set DataGrid1.DataSource = rec

>>And here is the problem:
>>if I change CursorLocation to adUseSever DataGrid does not display
anything
>>(it does not bind?)
>> - with Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.3.51 it works fine.

>>Could anybody help me? Am I missing something important about MS Jet 4.0 ?

>>--
>>Tom Jastrzebski

>>Please remove 'spam' on reply.

Sun, 14 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 MS Jet 4.0 - bug or behavior by design?
I have checked that and related articles but it seems to me that the issue
is more related to Jet 4.0 than to ADO 2.1

Tom Jastrzebski

Please remove 'spam' on reply.

Quote:

?

>>>--
>>>Tom Jastrzebski

>>>Please remove 'spam' on reply.

Sun, 14 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. MS Jet 4.0 - bug or behavior by design?

2. Ms Jet 4.0 VS Jet 3.51 problem loading data

3. MS Jet 3.51 vs Jet 4.0

4. Jet DB Performance (Jet 3.51 vs. Jet 4.0)

5. jet 4.0 parameter based queries bug?

6. Jet 4.0 Provider Bug?

7. Bug ADO with Jet 4.0 and transaction

8. ADO Locking and MS-Jet Database Engine 4.0

9. Can VB 6 work with MS Jet 4.0?

10. question for DataGrid and MS Jet 4.0 OLD DB Provider

11. Update/delete of dBase/Paradox DB using MS Jet 4.0

12. MS Jet 4.0 vs. 3.51