Error: 3197 Description: The Microsoft jet database engine ...
Author Message
 Error: 3197 Description: The Microsoft jet database engine ...

I recently recieved the following error at a customers site.  The database
type is Access 97

Error: 3197
you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same
time.

I have a system of three components that use the same database and it is
remotely possible that two components could be accessing the database at the
same time.  However after I recieved this message I shut down all the
components that used the database, watched the .LDB file disappear, then
restarted 2 of the components and tried again with the same problem.  To
temporarily resolve the problem, I did a total restart of the computer and
when it came back up, the problem went away.  But I don't want the problem
to come back.  Any suggestions?

Chuck Herrington

Sat, 03 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. 3197 Microsoft Jet database engine

2. Jet Engine Error 3197 without Edit

3. Error 3197, the jet database stopped

4. Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80004005) error

5. Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e09'

6. Puzzling Error - 3197 - Jet Stopped Process?

7. Microsoft Jet Database Engine Cannot Open The File.......(access)mdb

8. The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot......

9. The Microsoft Jet Database Engine cannot find the input table or query

10. Microsoft Jet Database Engine

11. Microsoft's Jet Database Engine Book

12. The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file