VB6/ADO/Access 97
Author Message
 VB6/ADO/Access 97

Dear All

I have an Access database that I open using ADO as follows:

AdoConn.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.3.51;Data
Source=Orders.mdb"

This works fine. However I now want to password protect the database and
therefore need to know where to include the password parameter in the
ConnectionString (i.e. for DAO this works - OpenDatabase("Orders.mdb",
False, False, ";pwd=Password").

Many thanks

J.

Tue, 03 Jun 2003 00:01:32 GMT
 VB6/ADO/Access 97
Append this to your connectionstring:

;Jet OLEDB:Database Password=abcdef

For variations of the ADO connection codes, check out this page:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q191/7/54.ASP

--
Edward Chung, MCSD, MCDBA
Verity Canada Ltd.

Quote:
> Dear All

> I have an Access database that I open using ADO as follows:

> AdoConn.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.3.51;Data
> Source=Orders.mdb"

> This works fine. However I now want to password protect the database and
> therefore need to know where to include the password parameter in the
> ConnectionString (i.e. for DAO this works - OpenDatabase("Orders.mdb",
> False, False, ";pwd=Password").

> Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

> Many thanks

> J.

Tue, 03 Jun 2003 06:57:19 GMT

1. VB6/ADO/Access 97 Unsuccessful Query

2. VB6/ADO/Access 97

3. VB6 ADO Access 97 and Data Environments

4. VB6 ADO and Access 97 - Hierarchical Recordsets

5. ADO Query into Access 97 Database using VB6

6. Q: ADO, VB6 EE and MS Access 97

7. Access 97 + ado + vb6

8. ADO Query into Access 97 Database using VB6

9. VB6 ADO and Access 97 - Hierarchical Recordsets

10. Slow connection Access 97 - VB6 - ADO on lan

11. ADO and DataGrid question (VB6 w/ Access ’97)

12. Convert Access 97 db to Access 2000 db in VB6