app-path and mdb-path
Author Message
 app-path and mdb-path

I'm trying to put altogether the database and the app in the same folder
when i distribute it. The problem is that the mdb-path is fixed by me in
the code (since i've tried with CurDir without success) and the app-path
is fixed by the user. How can I deal with this?
Show me the light, please....
Thanks!

Thu, 02 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 app-path and mdb-path

Look up the system variable App.Path in your VB help, and use it
instead of a herd coded path in your code. E.g. use
 App.Path & "Filename.MDB" instead of  "C:\mydatabase\filename.MDB"
Note: You cannot use this in design time property settings. You must
use run time code to associate objects with the path.
Hope this helps a bit.

Quote:
>I'm trying to put altogether the database and the app in the same folder
>when i distribute it. The problem is that the mdb-path is fixed by me in
>the code (since i've tried with CurDir without success) and the app-path
>is fixed by the user. How can I deal with this?
>Show me the light, please....
>Thanks!

**  All opinions are mine alone and not to be attributed to any
**  other entity or organization!
** Peter van der Goes, Senior Systems Analyst, Oklahoma Tax Commission
**                     Adjunct Professor, Computer Information Systems
**                                        Rose State College
***********************  Contact  ************************************

** Web Page (Student Info.):  www.geocities.com/Athens/Academy/2350

Fri, 03 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. PATH-APP AND MDB-PATH

2. Paths and App.Path

3. using application path (app.path)

4. App.Path only returning short path name - Why?

5. app.path only returns short path name

6. Help: App.Path returns 8.3 path in VB4/Win95

7. App.Path returns "short" path name

8. Changing Long Paths to Short Paths in a 16-bit App

9. SysCmd 603, "path","path"

10. Local path vs UNC Path

11. Setting the path to the path of the current application

12. Converting logical paths to UNC paths