Equivalent "FindNext" operation using RDO
Author Message
 Equivalent "FindNext" operation using RDO

 I am currently transitioning from Access to SQLServer 6.5 / VB5 (SP1) and
have a general question. I have a database table in Access with a non-unique
index and use the FindNext method to navigate like records. When I hit a new
set of values for the index, NoMatch is set to true, and my application then
performs some relevant logic.

eg.

Field 1  Field 2
ABC      123             FindNext
ABC      123             FindNext
            <--  perform operation
DEF       456            FindNext
DEF       456            FindNext
            <-- perform operation
GHI        678
GHI        678
etc...

Is there a way that I can achieve the same "features" offered via FindNext
using VB5/SQLServer6.5/RDO ?

Appreciate comments on this.

Thanks,
Angus

Tue, 25 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. "You canceled the previous operation"

2. "Operation invalid without current index"

3. "You canceled the previous operation"

4. msg "the operation failed"

5. item.cc "The operation failed" - Help

6. Partially unsuccessful "Find" operations

7. Equivalent Format(myVar, "@@@!")

8. Equivalent of "continue" in C

9. vbx for "sounds like" operation

10. Equivalent of "continue" in C