Help..Using VB6 Data Control to access MS SQL Server7 Database
Author Message
 Help..Using VB6 Data Control to access MS SQL Server7 Database

Hi,

I'm new to vb and i am having trouble trying to use the data control to
access microsoft sql server7 databases. I can use Access database (MDB
extention) ok but I can't get it to recognise sql server7 database (MDF
extention).
Does anyone know how to access sql server7 db's.

Thanks in advance.
Mark.

Thu, 20 May 2004 23:48:37 GMT
 Help..Using VB6 Data Control to access MS SQL Server7 Database
Hi Mark,

The Data Control doesn't support SQL Server database. It only supports
Microsoft Jet databases, Microsoft Jet-connected ODBC data sources and
installable ISAM data sources.

To quickly create a connection to a SQL Server database, you can use ADO
Data Control (ADODC) which is similar to Data control. It use Microsoft
ActiveX Data Object to access data.

The connection string to connect to SQL Server used by ADODC may looks like
follows:
"Provider=sqloledb;Data Source=MyServer;Initial Catalog=Pubs;User
Id=sa;Password=;"

For more information on ADODC, please refer to the following article:
ADO Data Control
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/adodc98/html/vbctlADODataCont...

Copy Right, 2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Regards,
Kally Wang
Microsoft Support Engineer

I'm new to vb and i am having trouble trying to use the data control to
access microsoft sql server7 databases. I can use Access database (MDB
extention) ok but I can't get it to recognise sql server7 database (MDF
extention).
Does anyone know how to access sql server7 db's.

Thanks in advance.
Mark.

Sun, 23 May 2004 17:54:21 GMT

1. Help - BulkCopying data to MS-SQL 6.5 using SQLOLE in VB6.0

2. Using the SQL Server7.0 datatype image in VB6.0 (and ASP)

3. Using MS Data Control DAO to access a password protected database

4. VB6 and Access 2000 Database using data control

5. Regarding Accessing External database using MS-Access and MS-Visual Basic

6. how to create MS Access database using VB6?

7. Using VB6 to connect to a MS Access database

8. CR7 with Stored Procedure in MS SQL Server7.0

9. Umlauts with VB6 and SQL Server7

10. VB6/SQL SERVER7 Error

11. activate vb6 program from sql server7

12. ADO/VB6/SQL Server7 error handling