Sybase system 10, ODBC, RDO, VB5
Author Message
 Sybase system 10, ODBC, RDO, VB5

Hi there:
        Does anyone know Sybase system 10 with RDO?

I am using Intersolve ODBC driver, Sybase system 10, and RDO from VB5.
I tried RDC bound control. It doesn't work.
I tried DAO. It works.
I am using VB5 to do the test.

Thanks

Fri, 24 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Sybase system 10, ODBC, RDO, VB5

You need to install the Sybase system 10 32Bit network client and enter the
correct info in SQL.INI via the provided utility.  Then you'll need to
install the Windows 95 or Windows NT ODBC Driver (they are NOT the same!)
and configure it so it look at the server name stated on the network
library setup.  Then you'll be able to open the database using the regular
methods (OpenDatabase ...)

I prefer RDO because it gives more flexibility but DAO works as well.
Remember, if you expect large resultsets press <Advanced> and <Performance>
buttons on the OpenClient setup.  Choose "Cursor" instead of "Direct" on
the connect mode.  It will be slower but the DBServer will not overflow the
memory on the client.

Quote:
> Hi there:
>    Does anyone know Sybase system 10 with RDO?

> I am using Intersolve ODBC driver, Sybase system 10, and RDO from VB5.
> I tried RDC bound control. It doesn't work.
> I tried DAO. It works.
> I am using VB5 to do the test.

> Thanks

Wed, 29 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. vb4 RDO, intersolv odbc, and Sybase system 10

2. Sybase system 10 param queries w/ RDO

3. Sybase system 10 param queries w/ RDO

4. VB, ODBC, Sybase System 10, and Dynamic (real) SQL

5. VB 4.0 and the 32-bit ODBC for Sybase System 10

6. VB 4.0 and the 32-bit ODBC for Sybase System 10

7. VB 4.0/5.0 RDO and Sybase System 11/Intersolv ODBC 3.0

8. Sybase system 10 param queries

9. VB4(16) & Sybase System 10 OpenRecordset problem

10. VB4/Sybase System 10

11. INSTCAT.SQL and Sybase System 10

12. Drivers to access Sybase System 10