memory leak in vitual memory
Author Message
 memory leak in vitual memory

i have a serious vitual memory leak in my vb program on nt 4. in the
program, i access a lot Access database and the frequency is pretty high
too. i have check all my code and all 'open' is pairing with 'close' . the
Access driver version i used was 4.00.4202.
i used to use 4.00.3711 which gave problem in memory leak, but after the
change to 4.00.4202, it gave a little improvement to the memory control, yet
the vitual memory still shooting up non-stop (85mb and still growing).
please help.

Mon, 25 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 memory leak in vitual memory
How big is the database?
It might help to compress it sometimes, but that is just a far shot.

I have seen that the Jet engine tends to eat some memory, but nowhere near
the ammounts you say - What if you keep a connection open throughout your
whole session? If the memory leak occurs becaus Access doesnt free all it
takes when you do an open, close pair, this might reduce your problems.

Also, are you sure that it is access that leaks, and not your VB program? (I
assume we are talking about a Visual Basic application conecting to an
Access db, and not an MS Access VBA application?).

--
Jens Bengtsson
Compuware NuMega

"Help a man when he is in trouble and he will remember you when he is in
trouble again."  --proverb

Quote:
> i have a serious vitual memory leak in my vb program on nt 4. in the
> program, i access a lot Access database and the frequency is pretty high
> too. i have check all my code and all 'open' is pairing with 'close' . the
> Access driver version i used was 4.00.4202.
> i used to use 4.00.3711 which gave problem in memory leak, but after the
> change to 4.00.4202, it gave a little improvement to the memory control,
yet
> the vitual memory still shooting up non-stop (85mb and still growing).
> please help.

Mon, 25 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. memory leak on vitual memory

2. OLE Automation Problems - MEMORY HOG (Memory Leak?)

3. Memory Leak -- Out of Memory

4. ADO Memory Leak results in out of memory

5. Memory Leaks/Resource Leaks

6. Memory, Memory and more Memory

7. Memory leaks using shell from VBA with winAPI kernel32

8. Email Reports - Memory leak?

9. Try this in XP ? (memory leak)

10. Horrible Memory Leaks...

11. large number of execute statements / memory leak ?

12. Memory Leak in VB ACCESS 2k ?