HELP!!! Using ADO to read FOXPRO 2.5 database
Author Message
 HELP!!! Using ADO to read FOXPRO 2.5 database

I have just inherited a Foxpro application that has just one dbf
(Produce.dbf) of over 1 million records. The company is not ready to replace
the system but wants another application designed with Visual Basic 6.0 with
an Access 97 backend.

My problem is that I have to lookup data from this produce.dbf whenever the
user enters a ProductID on the new application. I tried using the new ADO
that ships with Visual Basic 6 (professional Edition) and I found out that
it takes more than 10 minutes to look up just one item. Even though the
Foxpro dbf is indexed, my Vb6 application does not use it. How can I speed
this up and what's best way to implement this type of lookup using ADO.

Thanks in advance

Fidelis

Tue, 13 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. How Do I NOT Display deleted records using FoxPro 2.5 Database

2. Database compression routine for Foxpro 2.5 database

3. Problems with FoxPro/Visual Basic 6 with ADO 2.5

4. Compacting a Foxpro 2.5 database

5. Visual Basic 3.0 for Windows and Foxpro 2.5 for Windows database

6. open foxpro 2.5 database

7. Compacting a Foxpro 2.5 database

8. ***Anyone using VB/comlyr to Foxpro 2.5

9. !!!!!!!!HELP!!!!!!! FoxPro 2.5 .DBF/.CDX Questions

10. Need help creating Fox 2.5 table via MS Visual FoxPro ODBC driver

11. Reading NTEXT fields in VB6 SP5/ADO 2.5 gives nulls

12. Read FoxPro Using ADO?