*** URGENT *** Incompatibility between VB6 and Windows 98-2?????
Author Message
 *** URGENT *** Incompatibility between VB6 and Windows 98-2?????

Greetings and anticipated gratitude from Belgium!

Lately, I did update my Windows 98 version to the Windows 98 - 2nd
edition (W98-2) version.  Ever since then, the VB 6.0 Professional
applications using the Jet 3.51 with the OLE interface installed by
DCOM98 do not work correctly under W98-2 any more!

After testing access to .mdb files routines, it appears that the
following procedure, which was working under W98-1, do not work under
W98-2 !

adodc1.recordset.update
adodc1.recordsource = "Anything"
adodc1.refresh

That routine initiates problems under W98-2 and not under W98-1 using
DCOM98!
Moreover, it is totally impossible (???...) de remove the W98-2 ODBC
drivers and to replace them with the W98-1 ones.

Would anybody have an idea on how to solve my problems? or how to bypass
them?

As it is not possible to me to access the newsgroups on a daily basis,
would you mind forwarding a copy of your eventual answer to my E-Mail

Thank you for any help you could provide!

Jean-Philippe Guilbeau

Tue, 19 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 *** URGENT *** Incompatibility between VB6 and Windows 98-2?????
Hi

I think the easiest way is reinstall ADO 2.1.
I guess that will resolve youre problems.

C.U.
Henk Walraven

Quote:
> Greetings and anticipated gratitude from Belgium!

> Lately, I did update my Windows 98 version to the Windows 98 - 2nd
> edition (W98-2) version.  Ever since then, the VB 6.0 Professional
> applications using the Jet 3.51 with the OLE interface installed by
> DCOM98 do not work correctly under W98-2 any more!

> After testing access to .mdb files routines, it appears that the
> following procedure, which was working under W98-1, do not work under
> W98-2 !

> adodc1.recordset.update
> adodc1.recordsource = "Anything"
> adodc1.refresh

> That routine initiates problems under W98-2 and not under W98-1 using
> DCOM98!
> Moreover, it is totally impossible (???...) de remove the W98-2 ODBC
> drivers and to replace them with the W98-1 ones.

> Would anybody have an idea on how to solve my problems? or how to bypass
> them?

> As it is not possible to me to access the newsgroups on a daily basis,
> would you mind forwarding a copy of your eventual answer to my E-Mail

> Thank you for any help you could provide!

> Jean-Philippe Guilbeau

Tue, 19 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 *** URGENT *** Incompatibility between VB6 and Windows 98-2?????
I have a same problem, it's appears a bug in ODBC Provider. Microsoft do not
have a solution !!!
look the http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q168/3/54.asp
and other !!!

Thank you for any help

Jean-Philippe Guilbeau a crit :

Quote:
> Greetings and anticipated gratitude from Belgium!

> Lately, I did update my Windows 98 version to the Windows 98 - 2nd
> edition (W98-2) version.  Ever since then, the VB 6.0 Professional
> applications using the Jet 3.51 with the OLE interface installed by
> DCOM98 do not work correctly under W98-2 any more!

> After testing access to .mdb files routines, it appears that the
> following procedure, which was working under W98-1, do not work under
> W98-2 !

> adodc1.recordset.update
> adodc1.recordsource = "Anything"
> adodc1.refresh

> That routine initiates problems under W98-2 and not under W98-1 using
> DCOM98!
> Moreover, it is totally impossible (???...) de remove the W98-2 ODBC
> drivers and to replace them with the W98-1 ones.

> Would anybody have an idea on how to solve my problems? or how to bypass
> them?

> As it is not possible to me to access the newsgroups on a daily basis,
> would you mind forwarding a copy of your eventual answer to my E-Mail

> Thank you for any help you could provide!

> Jean-Philippe Guilbeau

Wed, 20 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. *** URGENT *** Incompatibility between VB6 and Windows 98-2?????

2. 95-98 incompatibility with WinAPI?

3. 95-98 incompatibility with WinAPI?

4. vb6.0, windows 98, access-2002

5. VB6 SP4 and Windows 98 with IE6 - Memory problems ont client machines

6. VB6 setup oleaut32.dll crashes Windows 98?

7. VB6 SP4 and Windows 98 with IE6 - Memory problems ont client machines - take 2

8. VB6, Windows 98 and Access

9. Can I install SQL 7.0 on Windows 98 and Connect VB6 by using ODBC

10. * vb6/ado20/crystal46/sql65 on windows 98 *

11. VB6/SQL6.5/ADO2.0/CRW4.6 on Windows 98 *

12. Hide Windows 98 taskbar from VB6 program