VB# won't access dbase III file
Author Message
 VB# won't access dbase III file

I have been trying for some time now to get VB3 Prof to access a
simple dBase III data file.  I use the Dtaa Manager to select the file
yet it won't highlight the appropriate file.  It just flashes on and
then off.  When I hit OK, the system then tells me:

        Unable to open database file
        Can't find Installable ISAMs

I have gone through the manuals including thrid party books,
re-installed VB3 till I'm blue in the face and I just cannot get it to
allow me to read the dBase file.

The file 'xbs110.dll' is correctly sitting in WINDOWS\SYSTEM and the
VB.INI file points to it.

Help!  How do I get this to work.

Mark Barron
Frustrated VB3 user who's almost ready to go back to QB4.5 for-ever!

Thu, 24 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. dBase III access, won't work ????

2. Linking a dBase III table to an Access 2000 database - won't open

3. can't access dbase III external database

4. I can't read dBase III file in Visual Basic

5. saving Access Tables to dbase III file format

6. Updating Access from a Dbase III file

7. Converting from Access tables to dBase III files

8. Import dBase III files to Access 2000 with ADO

9. Converting from Access tables to dBase III files

10. dbase III convert to Access or VB

11. access dBASE III with VB 6

12. NEED HELP IMPORTING DBASE III INTO ACCESS VIA VB 5