-2147467259 The changes you requested to the table were not successful ...
Author Message
 -2147467259 The changes you requested to the table were not successful ...

Version:  VB6 SP5
OS:  Win2000/WinME
Database:  Access 2000

I am trying to figure out why this error is occurring or if anybody else is
having the same problem:

"-2147467259 The changes you requested to the table were not successful
because they would create duplicate values in the index, primary key, or
relationship. Change the data in the field or fields that contain duplicate
data, remove the index, or redefine the index to permit the duplicate
entries and try again."

- The VB program is using an Access2000 database in a multi-user
environment.
- This error occurs on an "INSERT INTO" statement using the ADO
Connection.Execute command
- The table that is being accessed at the time of the error contains an
Auto-number field as a primary key with no additional indexes or
relationships.
- The error seems to occur at random times

Thanks,
Jody

Sat, 22 Nov 2003 07:16:45 GMT
 -2147467259 The changes you requested to the table were not successful ...
Jody,
Check the data in the primary key that you are trying to insert. I have run
into this problem before and found that I was trying to insert a record with
with at duplicate key value. Once I found the problem I was able to correct
the problem.

Dave

Quote:
> Version:  VB6 SP5
> OS:  Win2000/WinME
> Database:  Access 2000

> I am trying to figure out why this error is occurring or if anybody else
is
> having the same problem:

> "-2147467259 The changes you requested to the table were not successful
> because they would create duplicate values in the index, primary key, or
> relationship. Change the data in the field or fields that contain
duplicate
> data, remove the index, or redefine the index to permit the duplicate
> entries and try again."

> - The VB program is using an Access2000 database in a multi-user
> environment.
> - This error occurs on an "INSERT INTO" statement using the ADO
> Connection.Execute command
> - The table that is being accessed at the time of the error contains an
> Auto-number field as a primary key with no additional indexes or
> relationships.
> - The error seems to occur at random times

> Thanks,
> Jody

Sat, 06 Dec 2003 06:15:30 GMT
 -2147467259 The changes you requested to the table were not successful ...
Jody,

Please check if you may have the chances to INSERT some rows that vilates the PK or other constraints on the database?

You can do a SQL Trace to monitor the execution situation.

Peter

Mon, 08 Dec 2003 15:10:30 GMT

1. -2147467259 The changes you requested to the table were not successful ...

2. -2147467259 The changes you requested to the table were not successful ...

3. Error: 2147467259 Insufficient base table information.

4. Error 2147467259 Insufficient base table information for updating or refreshing

5. XP installation : 2147467259 Insufficient base table information for updating or refreshing

6. AdodcSave:-2147467259 - Insufficient base table information for updatig or refreshing

7. Help - Error: -2147467259 - Insufficient base table information

8. Error -2147467259 - Could not find installable ISAM using ADO 2.1

9. Error -2147467259 - Could not find installable ISAM using ADO 2.1

10. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

11. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

12. Changing a chart (OWC) not based on a array but on a pivot table