About left join using VB & MS Access
Author Message
 About left join using VB & MS Access

Dear all:
    Could anybody tell me how to using "outer join or left join"  while
accessing the
MS Access database? I tried to use the SQL Server outer join syntex but
failed.
Could anybody give me a sample? Thanks in advanced.

Regards,
George.

Tue, 08 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 About left join using VB & MS Access
If by "SQL Server join syntax", you mean the *= thing, you might want to
stop using it in SQL Server, as I believe it's slated to be eliminated.

Select ...
 From TableA Left Join TableB On TableA.Field1 = TableB.Field1

--

Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
Beer, Wine and Database Programming. What could be better?

Quote:
> Dear all:
>     Could anybody tell me how to using "outer join or left join"  while
> accessing the
> MS Access database? I tried to use the SQL Server outer join syntex but
> failed.
> Could anybody give me a sample? Thanks in advanced.

> Regards,
> George.

Tue, 08 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. accessing MS access database using VB&CGI

2. PRB: Left join behaves like a inner join.

3. Query Left Join Causes Access to crash only in Windows 2000

4. Access left outer join or handling no records found

5. Left JOIN on vb

6. Regarding Accessing External database using MS-Access and MS-Visual Basic

7. Accessing MS Access from Web using VB?

8. Using VB to access MS Access (mdb file) in remote host

9. Help: Using MS Access 95 w/ VB 5 for Novice VB programmer

10. vb/access - do you /should you use joins on access backend to be relational AND joins with vb on front end using design environment?

11. Multiple Outer Joins using MS Jet SQL

12. Multiple Outer Joins using MS Jet SQL