Transactions in VB 6
Author Message
 Transactions in VB 6

I have set up a series of stored procedures that I would
like to contain within a transaction statement so that if
an error occurs with any of the procedures, the
transaction can be rolled back. I'm using ADODB to handle
my stored procedure calls. I've done this in other
languages, but I don't know what the syntax is in VB 6.
Can someone point me in the right direction?  thanks.

Wed, 13 Oct 2004 05:06:48 GMT
 Transactions in VB 6
If your OLEDB Provider supports it then:

 Connection.BeginTrans
 Connection.Rollback
 Connection.CommitTrans

You can experiment with our Browser.

--
Michael Collier Bsc (Hons)
Interactive ADO Object Browser

> I have set up a series of stored procedures that I would
> like to contain within a transaction statement so that if
> an error occurs with any of the procedures, the
> transaction can be rolled back. I'm using ADODB to handle
> my stored procedure calls. I've done this in other
> languages, but I don't know what the syntax is in VB 6.
> Can someone point me in the right direction?  thanks.

Wed, 13 Oct 2004 09:42:12 GMT

1. Best Approach to do a transaction on VB an MSDE

2. How to use MTS Style Transactions in VB.Net

3. supporting transactions in VB.NET

4. Transactions and VB.NET

5. Need help in designing transaction in VB 6

6. transactions and vb question from Spain

7. Transaction on VB

8. Transactions with VB + Access + ODBC?!?

9. Transactions using VB 3.0/ODBC Q+E/Sql*NET TCP-IP/Oracle 7

10. Did anyone know how to use Transactions in VB

11. Debugging COM+ Transactions in VB IDE?

12. Did anyone know how to use Transactions in VB