DBASE select on Numeric field behaving strange
Author Message
 DBASE select on Numeric field behaving strange

I am trying to write a simple query to pull out data from a DBASE
file.
I tried to attach the header but it didnt want to copy over, but I
have given the select.  I am pretty sure that the field in question is
a numeric, and it contains a seconds difference since the EPOCH.

What happens is if I put there where clause in, I get 0 results.
However, with no where clause, I return data which appears to have
plenty of data that would be included in the select with the where.

I am just wondering if the numeric field behaves strangely and there
needs to be something included that sets the size/length, or if I am
just missing something  stupid

--- SQL

      sql = "select distinct dtmodified FROM classa" _
            & " where dtmodified < 1024617600 " _
            & " order by dtmodified asc"

If you have any ideas, please let me know, this is driving me crazy,
it was working until about a week ago

DTMODIFIED

Fri, 07 Jan 2005 07:34:38 GMT

1. How do you set a dbase numeric field length

2. Assign a numeric variable to a numeric field name

3. snapshot behaves strange?

4. Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object Library behaves strange...

5. Reverse Engineer UML from VB6 behaves strange

6. Crystal Reports behaves strange (don't read data control)

7. Response.BinaryWrite behaves strange

8. How to convert a Yes/No field to a numeric field

9. adodb connection to excel: recordset.fields(i).value=null for fields with numeric value

10. convert text field to numeric field being used in Selection Formula

11. adodb connection to excel: recordset.fields(i).value=null for fields with numeric value

12. Numeric Index of RS.field from field name?