Table maintenance screen
Author Message
 Table maintenance screen

I have a VB 5.0 form that I'm using to maintain a SQL Server 6.5 table.  The
users simply need to the ability to view records, and add new records to the
table.  I'm using the Remote Data Control to handle this functionality.  I'm
running into a problem, though, when I enter AddNew mode.  Basically, what I
would like to do is enforce database integrity by only allowing the user to
add records to this table when the foreign key for the table is valid.
Ideally, I would like to provide a list box containing all the foreign key
values from another table.  The user could then choose from this list when
creating a new record.  How exactly is this done?  Do I need two Remote Data
Controls to do this?

Thanks,

Russ

Sat, 26 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. DB Table Maintenance - Form Layout

2. Table Maintenance

3. Force Users off for Maintenance to dB

4. Update maintenance records

5. MS Access maintenance release 7.0b

6. VB Database maintenance

7. Sample Master Maintenance VB Program

8. ODBC DB Maintenance Manager?

9. Library Maintenance

10. Database creation/maintenance in VB5 HELP!

11. Code Maintenance

12. VB5 and code maintenance