Run Time Error '91'?
Author Message
 Run Time Error '91'?

Hi - When running my database from vb it runs perfectly, if there is a
property with no information in it and I try and go into that screen it
comes up with the appropriate message which I have written telling me that
"There is no data for this property".  When I run the exe and go into the
exact same property it displays a Run Time Error '91' message then it
displays the message that I have written and then kicks me out of the
system.  This is frustrating as I cannot run through the code to see why
this is happening as it doesn't happen at Run Time.  Any ideas why this
might be happening.

Thanks

Damon

Mon, 30 Aug 2004 20:13:16 GMT
 Run Time Error '91'?
Damon, what line does this error happen on?  You can find this out by
adding some error handling code, file logging, or msgboxes.  When you find
that out, post the code that causes the error plus your error handling code
so we can see what is going wrong.  You could also just try posting the
entire routine that the error occurs in, but if it is too big then nobody
will want to look at it.

Kevin Williamson - Microsoft Visual Basic Developer Support
reserved.

--------------------

| Subject: Run Time Error '91'?
| Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 12:13:16 -0000

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vb.database
|
| Hi - When running my database from vb it runs perfectly, if there is a
| property with no information in it and I try and go into that screen it
| comes up with the appropriate message which I have written telling me that
| "There is no data for this property".  When I run the exe and go into the
| exact same property it displays a Run Time Error '91' message then it
| displays the message that I have written and then kicks me out of the
| system.  This is frustrating as I cannot run through the code to see why
| this is happening as it doesn't happen at Run Time.  Any ideas why this
| might be happening.
|
| Thanks
|
| Damon

Tue, 31 Aug 2004 00:23:59 GMT
 Run Time Error '91'?
rurn on Break on all errors in the Tools, Options, General tab...

as far as fixing the error add something like

    txtSomeTB.Text = "" & rs.fields(1).value

the ' "" & ' should coerce the value to an empty string
so you won't have to worry about null values.

D.

Quote:
> Hi - When running my database from vb it runs perfectly, if there is a
> property with no information in it and I try and go into that screen it
> comes up with the appropriate message which I have written telling me that
> "There is no data for this property".  When I run the exe and go into the
> exact same property it displays a Run Time Error '91' message then it
> displays the message that I have written and then kicks me out of the
> system.  This is frustrating as I cannot run through the code to see why
> this is happening as it doesn't happen at Run Time.  Any ideas why this
> might be happening.

> Thanks

> Damon

Tue, 31 Aug 2004 00:30:49 GMT

1. RUN TIME ERROR '91':

2. Run-time error '91' - HELP

3. run-time error '91'

4. VB Run-time error '91'

5. Run-time error '91'

6. >Run-Time Error Message '91'

7. Run-time error '91' with ADODC Recordset commands

8. Run - time error '91' Object variable or With block variable not set

9. Run-time error '91' Object variable or With block variable not set

10. HELP : Error 91 : Run-Time Error 91 Object Variable or With

11. Error 91 running UpdateClass VBA macro from Sue Mosher's book

12. error '91'