VB and SQL Book
Author Message
 VB and SQL Book

I need a good book on VB5/6 and SQL for a beginner in VB that already
knows a little SQL. I find that most VB books just go into the very
basics of the data control and do not examine the use of SQL to any
great extend. Therefore, any recommendations are welcome.

Thanks for your time.
--
J. Edgar

Sat, 01 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB and SQL Book
MS Press published a book like this.

Can't remembe the title but it was specifically about that topic.

Wayne

Quote:

>I need a good book on VB5/6 and SQL for a beginner in VB that already
>knows a little SQL. I find that most VB books just go into the very
>basics of the data control and do not examine the use of SQL to any
>great extend. Therefore, any recommendations are welcome.

>Thanks for your time.
>--
>J. Edgar

Sat, 01 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB and SQL Book
How about:

"Hitchhiker's Guide to Visual Basic and SQL Server"
ISBN: 1572318481
Publisher: Microsoft Press
$39.99
http://www.bn.com/

I didn't memorize the above - I just happened to order it.

Quote:
> I need a good book on VB5/6 and SQL for a beginner in VB that already
> knows a little SQL. I find that most VB books just go into the very
> basics of the data control and do not examine the use of SQL to any
> great extend. Therefore, any recommendations are welcome.

> Thanks for your time.
> --
> J. Edgar

Sat, 01 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB and SQL Book
Don't waste your monry on "Hitchhikers Guide to Visual Basic and SQL
Server".
I wasted $40 on this paper weight!

Quote:
> I need a good book on VB5/6 and SQL for a beginner in VB that already
> knows a little SQL. I find that most VB books just go into the very
> basics of the data control and do not examine the use of SQL to any
> great extend. Therefore, any recommendations are welcome.

> Thanks for your time.
> --
> J. Edgar

Mon, 03 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB and SQL Book
Can you elaborate a little...
I know from others in the VB Data listserver group I'm in that it's a well
read book...Bill Vaughn (sp?), the author is a frequent contributor and
seems very able to be clear and concise in his explanations of issues around
VB and SQL.
I haven't read the book myself...but hate to see someone's efforts dismissed
without some qualification.

Wayne Davis

Quote:
> Don't waste your monry on "Hitchhikers Guide to Visual Basic and SQL
> Server".
> I wasted $40 on this paper weight!

> > I need a good book on VB5/6 and SQL for a beginner in VB that already
> > knows a little SQL. I find that most VB books just go into the very
> > basics of the data control and do not examine the use of SQL to any
> > great extend. Therefore, any recommendations are welcome.

> > Thanks for your time.
> > --
> > J. Edgar

Mon, 03 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Plug for VB Black Book - recommended VB book

2. Any beginner books for VB SQL?

3. suggest VB/SQL book

4. suggest a VB/SQL book.

5. VB/SQL Server Books Suggestions

6. Access/VB book on relationships/SQL

7. FS: VB and SQL reference book

8. suggest a VB/SQL book

9. Books on exporting data with VB/SQL Server

10. VB 6.0, MTS, and SQL 7.0 Book

11. Books, Books, Books, wich?

12. A good SQL book?