sqlserver adodb recordset problem with empty fields
Author Message
 sqlserver adodb recordset problem with empty fields

Hi!

    There is a strange problem. When I'm using select statement from my
table from query analyzer I'm receiving proper result, every column has its
value. When I'm doing the same from VB through adodb (connection &
recordset) some of columns has empty values. What's happenig? Note1: my
table has 25 columns and some of them has 30 letters long identifier. Note2:
there is no diference if i'm using explicite select statement, or execute a
stored procedure with select inside, or 'select *', or select with explicite
given column names, or I'm referencing field by its number or column name or
sqlserver's version is 7.0 or 2000 .
Some columns values just disappear.Could anybode tell me how to get good
results from recordset?

TIA

Greetings,
Mariusz

Mon, 28 Mar 2005 06:29:29 GMT
 sqlserver adodb recordset problem with empty fields
Can we see some code and the SP in question?

--
William (Bill) Vaughn, Author, Trainer, Mentor
Microsoft Pacwest Regional Director

Quote:
> Hi!

>     There is a strange problem. When I'm using select statement from my
> table from query analyzer I'm receiving proper result, every column has
its
> value. When I'm doing the same from VB through adodb (connection &
> recordset) some of columns has empty values. What's happenig? Note1: my
> table has 25 columns and some of them has 30 letters long identifier.
Note2:
> there is no diference if i'm using explicite select statement, or execute
> stored procedure with select inside, or 'select *', or select with
explicite
> given column names, or I'm referencing field by its number or column name
or
> sqlserver's version is 7.0 or 2000 .
> Some columns values just disappear.Could anybode tell me how to get good
> results from recordset?

> TIA

> Greetings,
> Mariusz

Mon, 28 Mar 2005 07:19:59 GMT
 sqlserver adodb recordset problem with empty fields

Quote:
> Can we see some code and the SP in question?

Problem is solved.  This happend onnly on certain machines. The problem was
odbc provider - msdasql.1 provider has
error, after change to SQLOLEDB.1 everything is ok.

Tue, 29 Mar 2005 01:42:06 GMT

1. adodb connection to excel: recordset.fields(i).value=null for fields with numeric value

2. adodb connection to excel: recordset.fields(i).value=null for fields with numeric value

3. adodb connection to excel: recordset.fields(i).value=null for fields with numeric value

4. Question on Problem encountered w/ using ADODC DataControl.Recordset Property w/ ADODB.Recordset objects

5. Question on Problem encountered w/ using ADODC DataControl.Recordset Property w/ ADODB.Recordset objects

6. VB6 ADODB.Recordset.Field = NULL Error

7. VB6 ADODB.Recordset.Field = NULL Error

8. access ADODB.Recordset field through string variable

9. ADODB.Connection and ADODB.Recordset question

10. ADO - how to test for empty(null) fields in a recordset

11. vb6 date variables comparing with access date fields returns always empty recordset

12. ADODB.Connection.Execute VS ADODB.Recordset.Update