not allowing ODBC Driver Manager to appear
Author Message
 not allowing ODBC Driver Manager to appear

Our environment is Windows 3.1, VB 4.0, Access 2.0.  An .mdb has
attached tables from a mainframe using ODBC.

I have my own userid/password signon.  The bottom line is I need to
suppress the Driver Manager's login screen from appearing(the reason
being that the mouse loses its click functionality and 'beeps'.  That's
another question.....the driver supplier has reproduced this under
3.1..works fine in 97...they've also reproduced it with other ODBC
drivers under 3.1 so they say it's not their problem....If anyone knows
anything about the mouse situation that'd be great!!!!No one has been
able to help us yet! Can't find anything on this in the Knowledge
Base.).

There are various situations a connection is not valid, one is if the
userid/password entered is incorrect.  A warning box appears saying the
connection cannot be made, then the Driver Manager Login box appears.
As I say, I NEED to prevent this from happening.

I want VB to stay in control.  I can then loop back and have the user
reenter their userid/password.  I need to keep VB in control so we
manage what the user sees and not have this foreign (and a problem)
Driver Manager Login appear.

Any ideas?

TIA,

Doug

Tue, 16 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. [ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

2. [ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed

3. [ODC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

4. SQLDriverConnect and ODBC Driver Manager

5. Oracle ODBC driver / Microsoft ODBC driver for Oracle

6. Native SQL driver does not appear

7. ms obdc driver manager not found

8. ODBC ERROR: no interfacr driver connected - funciton not performed

9. Error -2147217887 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Optional feature not implemented ,

10. Error -2147217887 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Optional feature not implemented ,

11. Error -2147217887 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Optional feature not implemented ,

12. ODBC Error 1157 (Driver could not be loaded)