ado open problem.
Author Message
 ado open problem.

help... the following give me invalid provider????

i try to use ado to open a foxpro table....

Dim DataCon As New ADODB.Connection
Dim Datarec As New ADODB.Recordset
Dim DataStr As String

DataStr = "provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;data
source=C:\Pro32\ardata;Extended Properties=FoxPro 3.0"

Set DataCon = New ADODB.Connection
DataCon.Open DataStr

Sat, 16 Oct 2004 01:06:26 GMT
 ado open problem.
Unlike Jet 3.5, Jet 4.0 does not contain the necessary ISAM driver for
FoxPro; we now recommend that you use the Visual FoxPro ODBC driver
instead. To do this, you can use a connection string similar to:

With a database container:

oConn.Open "Driver={Microsoft Visual FoxPro Driver};" & _
           "SourceType=DBC;" & _
           "SourceDB=c:\somepath\mySourceDb.dbc;" & _
           "Exclusive=No;"

Without a database container (Free Table Directory):

oConn.Open "Driver={Microsoft Visual FoxPro Driver};" & _
           "SourceType=DBF;" & _
           "SourceDB=c:\somepath\mySourceDbFolder;" & _
           "Exclusive=No;"

Hope this helps!

Steven Bras, MCSD
Microsoft Developer Support/Visual Basic WebData

http://www.microsoft.com/security.

Sun, 17 Oct 2004 06:39:52 GMT
 ado open problem.
thanks, it worked....

i use free table..

how to open the table or dbf table in that directory ... e.g customer table,
and
list the customer id on my text field????

Quote:
> Unlike Jet 3.5, Jet 4.0 does not contain the necessary ISAM driver for
> FoxPro; we now recommend that you use the Visual FoxPro ODBC driver
> instead. To do this, you can use a connection string similar to:

> With a database container:

> oConn.Open "Driver={Microsoft Visual FoxPro Driver};" & _
>            "SourceType=DBC;" & _
>            "SourceDB=c:\somepath\mySourceDb.dbc;" & _
>            "Exclusive=No;"

> Without a database container (Free Table Directory):

> oConn.Open "Driver={Microsoft Visual FoxPro Driver};" & _
>            "SourceType=DBF;" & _
>            "SourceDB=c:\somepath\mySourceDbFolder;" & _
>            "Exclusive=No;"

> Hope this helps!

> Steven Bras, MCSD
> Microsoft Developer Support/Visual Basic WebData

rights.

> Are you secure? For information about the Microsoft Strategic Technology
> Protection Program and to order your FREE Security Tool Kit, please visit
> http://www.microsoft.com/security.

Mon, 18 Oct 2004 17:12:42 GMT

1. ADO .Open problem (posted on general news too)

2. Problem opening Access 2000 mdb using ADO

3. ADO-Problems w. Recordset.Open method

4. Problem opening recordset for update ADO 2.1/Jet 4.0/Access 2000 stored proc

5. Problem to open a connection with ADO

6. Problem opening ADO connection to database on a CDROM

7. ADO Open recordset problem

8. ADO - open Schems - IS_NULLABLE problem

9. Directory path problem opening *.DBF table in VBA via ADO

10. ADO Recordset .OPEN problem

11. ADO Open Recordset problem

12. Problem with SQL on ADO Recordset Open