DataGrid: Displaying boolean columns as checkboxes or strings
Author Message
 DataGrid: Displaying boolean columns as checkboxes or strings

This article applies:

HOWTO: Displaying Boolean Values in Bound DataGrid
Article ID: Q191717

Harvey Triana
Microsoft Developer MVP- Visual Basic
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Hi All

I have an Active X control I've built for use in webpages. The control
contains a DataGrid which is bound to RDS.DataControl (RDS = Remote Data
Services). Data is dynamically loaded into the grid at runtime - that is,
users can enter new sql queries at runtime.

Everything is working fine except boolean data is displayed in columns
within the DataGrid  as -1 and 0. I'd like for the boolean data to be
displayed as checkboxes (or even True/False strings). I need to do this at
runtime due to the dynamic nature of the data display.

I've tried manipulating my sql queries to format the boolean column, I've
scoured the DataGrid properties and child object properties, and I've
searched help - all with no success.

Can anyone tell me how to force, at runtime, my boolean data to show up as
checkboxes or meaningful strings?

Thanks
Rob

Wed, 12 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
[...]

Thu, 13 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 DataGrid: Displaying boolean columns as checkboxes or strings
Thanks Harvey. That really helped me out. I was able to convert my boolean
values to meaningful strings. I couldn't work out how to represent the
values as checkboxes, but I can live with that for now. Thanks again.

Rob

Quote:

>This article applies:

>HOWTO: Displaying Boolean Values in Bound DataGrid
>Article ID: Q191717

>--
>Harvey Triana
>Microsoft Developer MVP- Visual Basic
>http://www.eidos.es/VeXPERT

>Hi All

>I have an Active X control I've built for use in webpages. The control
>contains a DataGrid which is bound to RDS.DataControl (RDS = Remote Data
>Services). Data is dynamically loaded into the grid at runtime - that is,
>users can enter new sql queries at runtime.

>Everything is working fine except boolean data is displayed in columns
>within the DataGrid  as -1 and 0. I'd like for the boolean data to be
>displayed as checkboxes (or even True/False strings). I need to do this at
>runtime due to the dynamic nature of the data display.

>I've tried manipulating my sql queries to format the boolean column, I've
>scoured the DataGrid properties and child object properties, and I've
>searched help - all with no success.

>Can anyone tell me how to force, at runtime, my boolean data to show up as
>checkboxes or meaningful strings?

>Thanks
>Rob

Fri, 14 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. DataGrid: Displaying boolean columns as checkboxes or strings

2. DataGrid: Displaying boolean columns as checkboxes or strings

3. Boolean value in DataGrid column, checkbox?

4. Boolean value in DataGrid column, checkbox?

5. Boolean value in DataGrid column, checkbox?

6. Dynamically Added Datagrid Template Column - Checkbox.Checked state in Column Header

7. Boolean column in Datagrid

8. Datagrid Boolean Column

9. Help with Datagrid and boolean column

10. Formatting Datagrid Column for Boolean Values

11. Display the first Field column that the System Stored procedure calls to display in my Datagrid

12. Display the first Field column that the System Stored procedure calls to display in my Datagrid