Not a valid bookmark
Author Message
 Not a valid bookmark

I really hope someone can help me here -- I can't find anything on the net
that helps with this situation.

What is happening is that we are getting this error sometimes, randomly it
seems, when trying to open a recordset (dynaset).  If you click debug, wait
a few secs, then click run, it works fine the second time.

We are using DAO 3.51, with VB, and Access 97.

We WERE using ODBC to connect, but we kept getting, again, random ODBC SQL
call failed errors.  The reason I think they are random is that if you click
debug, wait a few seconds, then click run, it worked.  Same thing happens
here with this problem.

Please, anyone, everyone, tell me there is a really easy fix to this -- we
are desperate -- no problems of this kind with 3 users -- we now have 20
users and are getting these really annoying errors.

Matt

Fri, 23 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Not a valid bookmark
Could the database be corrupted?

Could it be a timing issue? Are you trying to access the recordset before it
has been created? Maybe you could throw a DoEvents in there after the rs is
created. Just tossing things out here!

Do you think the problems are related to the increased number of users or
could it be related to the fact that more users = more data?

Tim

Quote:
> I really hope someone can help me here -- I can't find anything on the net
> that helps with this situation.

> What is happening is that we are getting this error sometimes, randomly it
> seems, when trying to open a recordset (dynaset).  If you click debug,
wait
> a few secs, then click run, it works fine the second time.

> We are using DAO 3.51, with VB, and Access 97.

> We WERE using ODBC to connect, but we kept getting, again, random ODBC SQL
> call failed errors.  The reason I think they are random is that if you
click
> debug, wait a few seconds, then click run, it worked.  Same thing happens
> here with this problem.

> Please, anyone, everyone, tell me there is a really easy fix to this -- we
> are desperate -- no problems of this kind with 3 users -- we now have 20
> users and are getting these really annoying errors.

> Matt

Fri, 23 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Not a valid bookmark

Quote:
> Could the database be corrupted?

I don't really think so -- but I'll do a compact and repair on it tonight
after all users are off.

Quote:
> Could it be a timing issue?

Most definitely.

Quote:
> Are you trying to access the recordset before it
> has been created? Maybe you could throw a DoEvents in there after the rs
is
> created. Just tossing things out here!

I don't think so, but we'll try and see -- unfortunately, this app is HUGE,
so adding this in after every recordset creation is a big task.  But I may
have to try that one, too.

Quote:
> Do you think the problems are related to the increased number of users or
> could it be related to the fact that more users = more data?

I honestly don't know.  I think that it is number of users -- there isn't a
whole lot of data in there yet -- the db is under 40 MB, and has only been
in use for about 3 weeks now.  It started out around 17 MB, and I haven't
compacted since then.  I don't think its the amount of data that is a
problem . . . yet.

Thanks for the response!!

Matt

Fri, 23 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Not a valid bookmark error

2. "Not a valid bookmark" error

3. Not a valid bookmark

4. Error 3159: Not a valid Bookmark

5. Error 3159: Not a valid bookmark

6. error 64491 Not a valid Bookmark

7. Not a Valid Bookmark & Process stopped

8. Error: 3159 Not a valid bookmark.

9. Error: Not a valid bookmark

10. Error 3159 - Not a valid bookmark

11. Not a valid bookmark