ADO with Microsoft Oracle OLE DB Provider.
Author Message
 ADO with Microsoft Oracle OLE DB Provider.

Hello

I'd like to use the Microsoft Oracle OLE DB Provider and not anymore the
Microsoft ODBC for Oracle provider.

To do this I just replaced the following line in my code :
   ConnectOracle = "driver={Microsoft ODBC for
Oracle};server=cpao.world;UID=CPAOP;PWD=CPAOP"
with this line:
    ConnectOracle = "driver={MSDAORA};server=cpao.world;UID=CPAOP;PWD=CPAOP"

Unfortunately the application crashes with the following message:
[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default
driver specified

cpao.world is the description of my database in the tnsnames.ora file

CPAO.WORLD =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = MOSORA)(PORT = 1521))
    (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = CPAO))
  )

The file MSDAORA.dll is present at the following location on my NT PC:
"C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\ole db\Msdaora.dll"

Can anyone help me ?

Thank you in advance

Serge Castelier

Mon, 02 Feb 2004 22:43:25 GMT
 ADO with Microsoft Oracle OLE DB Provider.
Hi,

Try this

"Provider=MSDAORA;server=cpao.world;UID=CPAOP;PWD=CPAOP"

Val

Quote:

Mon, 02 Feb 2004 23:03:14 GMT

1. Unable to connect Oracle using the Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle

2. Microsoft --OR-- Oracle OLE DB provider

3. OLE DB Provider for Oracle (from Microsoft)

4. Microsoft's slow Oracle OLE DB Provider

5. Connecting to Oracle thru Oracle OLE DB Provider(OraOLDDB.Oracle)

6. Oracle OLE DB - Provider and ADO - Problem with Unicode

7. Microsoft Project 2002 Database VS. Microsoft Project 2002 OLE DB Provider

8. How does Microsoft OLD DB Provider For Oracle Tsn Entry

9. Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Indexing Service failure

10. Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error

11. Microsoft OLE DB Provider For AS/400 and VSAM

12. Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0 OLE DB provider