Print report using access.application object in Win2k times out...
Author Message
 Print report using access.application object in Win2k times out...

I want to be able to print an Access report from a web page, on the
server's default printer. This worked in NT 4.0 fine, but since
upgrading to win2k I can't get it to work. It does work in win2k using
windows scripting, but in ASP or a SQL Server SP it times out without
working or reporting any error. The msaccess process is created in the
task manager and needs to be manualy ended, or they build up in there
on each failed attempt. Does anyone have any ideas?

Here is the SQL SP code...

Alter Procedure Print_Order

As

'\\Sr71\Storage\Tom\databse.adp'

goto Done

Err:
        Print ' '
        Print '## ERROR ##'

        goto Done

Done:

Sat, 16 Oct 2004 03:05:27 GMT
 Print report using access.application object in Win2k times out...
You could checkout our software.  We use a different approach and split the
work by having a program running on the server
controlling Access.  Also we have a simple COM interface to request new
reports.

Easy to do reporting off SQL Server data by just using pass-thru queries
that run stored procedures etc....
At runtime just pass in appropriate querytext information for the requested
report.

The combination works well.

HTH,
Mark
RPT Software
http://www.rptsoftware.com

Quote:
> I want to be able to print an Access report from a web page, on the
> server's default printer. This worked in NT 4.0 fine, but since
> upgrading to win2k I can't get it to work. It does work in win2k using
> windows scripting, but in ASP or a SQL Server SP it times out without
> working or reporting any error. The msaccess process is created in the
> task manager and needs to be manualy ended, or they build up in there
> on each failed attempt. Does anyone have any ideas?

> Here is the SQL SP code...

> Alter Procedure Print_Order

> As

> '\\Sr71\Storage\Tom\databse.adp'

> goto Done

> Err:
> Print ' '
> Print '## ERROR ##'

> goto Done

> Done:

Sat, 16 Oct 2004 22:34:37 GMT

1. Printing Access reports or using Access to print/preview reports

2. Application not using the PRINTER object settings when printing a report with PRINTREPORT

3. VBScript running and printing Access report from win2k

4. Using OLE Automation Object to print Access 2.0 report

5. Printing the Print Time Using Crystal Reports 4.5

6. Crystal Reports ANd VB 6.0 Printing reports using CRPEAUTO Object, specifying paper orientation problem

7. Using Access as automation engine to print Access reports

8. Filesystem Time outs

9. Session Variable Time-outs

10. Time-outs

11. Need help with time outs