Page numbers in CRViewer 8.5
Author Message
 Page numbers in CRViewer 8.5

I am using CRViewer 8.5. When I load the report, which has a 'page x of y'
type field in the footer area, it does not show the 'y' until you go to the
last page. In addition, the navigation buttons in the toolbar read page 1 of
1+, instead of 1 of 25 (or whatever the last page is). If I manually move to
the last page and back to the first the numbers are updated. This is
confusing to users.

Any workarounds??

Lauren Roland

Sat, 29 Nov 2003 22:49:12 GMT
 Page numbers in CRViewer 8.5
This is normal :  who can Crystal Report know what's the last page without
formating the whole document ?

Two tips for you :
    - AVOID pages count on your reports, you'll win a lot of time
    - if you want to know if the document is finished or not, there's a
special crystal field that tell you this information (can't remember the
name). The idea is to show/hide a ?continuing next page? text zone on each
page, depending on the value of that field.

Quote:
> I am using CRViewer 8.5. When I load the report, which has a 'page x of y'
> type field in the footer area, it does not show the 'y' until you go to
the
> last page. In addition, the navigation buttons in the toolbar read page 1
of
> 1+, instead of 1 of 25 (or whatever the last page is). If I manually move
> the last page and back to the first the numbers are updated. This is
> confusing to users.

> Any workarounds??

> Lauren Roland

Sat, 29 Nov 2003 23:29:14 GMT
 Page numbers in CRViewer 8.5

ALL,

This can be done.  There was some info on the Crystal site about this.

To display the full report page count in the toolbar:

1.  In Crystal Report Designer , got to the 'Insert menu and select 'Special
Field'
2.  Select 'Page N of M' and insert that special field onto your report header.
3.  Suppress the 'Page N of M' field (if you do not want it seen).

By placing the 'Page N of M' special field onto the report, you force Crystal
Reports to process all the pages of a report and display the total page count on
the toolbar.

Terry

Quote:

> This is normal :  who can crystal report know what's the last page without
> formating the whole document ?

> Two tips for you :
>     - AVOID pages count on your reports, you'll win a lot of time
>     - if you want to know if the document is finished or not, there's a
> special crystal field that tell you this information (can't remember the
> name). The idea is to show/hide a ?continuing next page? text zone on each
> page, depending on the value of that field.

> > I am using CRViewer 8.5. When I load the report, which has a 'page x of y'
> > type field in the footer area, it does not show the 'y' until you go to
> the
> > last page. In addition, the navigation buttons in the toolbar read page 1
> of
> > 1+, instead of 1 of 25 (or whatever the last page is). If I manually move
> > the last page and back to the first the numbers are updated. This is
> > confusing to users.

> > Any workarounds??

> > Lauren Roland

  tthomp.vcf
< 1K Download

Fri, 05 Dec 2003 20:21:31 GMT

1. Export to PDF only from CRviewer (RDC 8.5 - VB 6.0)

2. Opening CR8/8.5 Reports in VB6, Using CRViewer Control

3. need Crystal reports 8.5 RC API serial number

4. Crystal 8.5 returing wrong number from query

5. formatting numbers in 8.5

6. Page Down Key in 8.5

7. Page Server is crashing (NT 4, CR 8.5)

8. Help Need Page Size of 3.5 inch X 8.5 inches

9. Change CR 8.5 page settings

10. Get the Last page no in RDC CRViewer

11. Adding Total Number of slides to the page number field in the footer

12. Page numbering and fit to page in Excel from VB