A big tip for all using Crystal with Btrieve 6.15
Author Message
 A big tip for all using Crystal with Btrieve 6.15

I have discovered something I've been looking for for 2 years now.

We have a software system using Btrieve 6.15 and Crystal 6.0.1.135 using
DLL-calls to CRPE32.dll. When installing this for our customers, the
installation program installs Btrieve and the required system files for
Crystal. However, the following happened too often :
It seemed like Crystal Reports did not read the Btrieve database well,
because some records kept repeating themselves. The file is 505 bytes per
record, and it seemed like every 8 or 9 record was repeated, and some of the
string fields were terminated with NULL, when it was apparent that there
were no NULL's in the string when inserting the records in the file.

Here is the big sinner :
In the registry, set the following setting :
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Btrieve Technologies\Microkernel Workstation
Engine\Version 6.15\Settings]
Max Communication Buffer Size = 4000 (Hexadecimal)  (i.e 16000 something
Decimal)

It did not appear on any machines that had Crystal Reports installed from
the Crystal Reports installation program (naturally), but only when we used
our own installation of Btrieve, where the setting was set to 1000
hexadecimal.

Greetings and have a nice weekend

Arne Bjerge
Superior Systems AS.

Tue, 29 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB3 or VB5 / Btrieve - How to connect to Btrieve 6.15 Files

2. VB3 or VB5 / Btrieve - How to connect to Btrieve 6.15 Files

3. ODBC drivers for Btrieve 6.15 needed

4. Btrieve 6.15

5. VB and Btrieve 6.15

6. Access2000 - format 6152346.00 to 6.15 ???

7. Betrieve (6.15) and VB6

8. Btrieve 6.15 won't create more than 1 index?

9. Btrieve and Crystal

10. Btrieve - Crystal Report - DDF

11. Btrieve, VB, and Crystal

12. Btrieve - Crystal Report - DDF