Dynamic Reports with Crystal Reports 6.0
Author Message
 Dynamic Reports with Crystal Reports 6.0

Does anybody know if its possible to programmatically create a report using
Crystal Reports 6.0.  In other words, rather than design a report, use
VBScript or VB to automate the construction of a single report that is a
on-demand mix of existing reports and graphs.

thanks,

Francis Wong

Thu, 19 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Dynamic Reports with Crystal Reports 6.0

You can do that with ActiveReports from Data Dynamics
http://www.datadynamics.com

Issam Elbaytam
Data Dynamics

Quote:

>Does anybody know if its possible to programmatically create a report using
>Crystal Reports 6.0.  In other words, rather than design a report, use
>VBScript or VB to automate the construction of a single report that is a
>on-demand mix of existing reports and graphs.

>thanks,

>Francis Wong

Fri, 20 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Dynamic Reports with Crystal Reports 6.0

Quote:
> You can do that with ActiveReports from Data Dynamics
> http://www.datadynamics.com

> Issam Elbaytam
> Data Dynamics

> >Does anybody know if its possible to programmatically create a report
using
> >Crystal Reports 6.0.  In other words, rather than design a report, use
> >VBScript or VB to automate the construction of a single report that is a
> >on-demand mix of existing reports and graphs.

A rather sleazy way to advertise. I question just how good ActiveReports is
if you need to stoop to this level?

--
----------
James

Modern Business Solutions

Remove nospam for email

Sat, 21 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Dynamic Reports with Crystal Reports 6.0

It is better than Crystal.

Issam

Quote:

>> You can do that with ActiveReports from Data Dynamics
>> http://www.datadynamics.com

>> Issam Elbaytam
>> Data Dynamics

>> >Does anybody know if its possible to programmatically create a report
>using
>> >Crystal Reports 6.0.  In other words, rather than design a report, use
>> >VBScript or VB to automate the construction of a single report that is a
>> >on-demand mix of existing reports and graphs.

>A rather sleazy way to advertise. I question just how good ActiveReports is
>if you need to stoop to this level?

>--
>----------
>James

>Modern Business Solutions

>Remove nospam for email

Sat, 21 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Dynamic Reports with Crystal Reports 6.0

Quote:
> It is better than Crystal.

> Issam

So far you're the only one saying that in this forum.

--
----------
James

Modern Business Solutions

Remove nospam for email

Sat, 21 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Dynamic Reports with Crystal Reports 6.0

James,
Your not the only fed up with the amount of messages on this forums answered
by these guys with "try our product".

I for one come here to get answers to crystal reports problems not to read
adverts for someone else's software.

Come on datadynamics guys give it a rest and get out of here! If you want to
advertise put it in a magazine!

Rob

Quote:

>> It is better than Crystal.

>> Issam

>So far you're the only one saying that in this forum.

>--
>----------
>James

>Modern Business Solutions

>Remove nospam for email

Mon, 23 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Dynamic Reports with Crystal Reports 6.0

We did.  And I am answering to questions where Crystal Reports does not have
a solution to the problem.  The question is about creating reports
dynamically which in CR is next to impossible.  That is the kind of thing AR
was created for.  I don't know about you, but I would rather someone let me
know if there is a better tool for the job than letting me spend time and
money trying to get the tool to do things it was not supposed to do.

Data Dynamics - http://www.datadynamics.com
Control Yourself

Quote:
>James,
>Your not the only fed up with the amount of messages on this forums
answered
>by these guys with "try our product".

>I for one come here to get answers to crystal reports problems not to read
>adverts for someone else's software.

>Come on datadynamics guys give it a rest and get out of here! If you want
>advertise put it in a magazine!

>Rob

>>> It is better than Crystal.

>>> Issam

>>So far you're the only one saying that in this forum.

>>--
>>----------
>>James

>>Modern Business Solutions

>>Remove nospam for email

Mon, 23 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Dynamic Reports with Crystal Reports 6.0

1) you do more than answer where CR doesnt have solutions, I have had my own
posts answered by "try ......" when there were perfectly acceptable
solutions in CR and I have seen others answered this way.

2) By your logic it would be reasonable for Borland to flood the VB forum
answering "try Delphi" because its better than VB and MS to flood the Delphi
forums becuase VB is better etc etc etc ......

What you are doing is not voicing an opinon to fellow programmers totaly
from the goodness of your heart you are actively "selling" your product and
in doing so you are abusing the purpose of this forum.

I for one hope you stop or............. you start providing answer to
questions and those answers use CR not your own product.

Rob

Quote:

>We did.  And I am answering to questions where Crystal Reports does not
have
>a solution to the problem.  The question is about creating reports
>dynamically which in CR is next to impossible.  That is the kind of thing
AR
>was created for.  I don't know about you, but I would rather someone let me
>know if there is a better tool for the job than letting me spend time and
>money trying to get the tool to do things it was not supposed to do.

>Data Dynamics - http://www.datadynamics.com
>Control Yourself

>>James,
>>Your not the only fed up with the amount of messages on this forums
>answered
>>by these guys with "try our product".

>>I for one come here to get answers to crystal reports problems not to read
>>adverts for someone else's software.

>>Come on datadynamics guys give it a rest and get out of here! If you want
>>advertise put it in a magazine!

>>Rob

>>>So far you're the only one saying that in this forum.

>>>--
>>>----------
>>>James

>>>Modern Business Solutions

>>>Remove nospam for email

Tue, 24 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Dynamic Reports with Crystal Reports 6.0

Quote:
> 1) you do more than answer where CR doesnt have solutions, I have had my
own
> posts answered by "try ......" when there were perfectly acceptable
> solutions in CR and I have seen others answered this way.

Issam,

And by the way where is the Data Dynamics newsgroup. Give us the address so
we can follow the post of all of your satisfied customers. Like Robert said
try paying for your adverti{*filter*}ts instead of using your sleazy tactics
here. I would have considered looking at your product had I seen an
adverti{*filter*}t. After seeing your desperation tactics here I can only guess
you have an inferior report writer. I'm glad I already own an excellent
report writer in CRW 6. Have a good day and let me know when you get that
newsgroup working.

--
----------
James

Modern Business Solutions

Remove nospam for email

Thu, 26 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Dynamic Reports with Crystal Reports 6.0

I normally don't respond to posts with nothing more than 'ditto', but given
the recent events (and postings), let me respond with...

DITTO!

Kevin

Quote:

>> 1) you do more than answer where CR doesnt have solutions, I have had my
>own
>> posts answered by "try ......" when there were perfectly acceptable
>> solutions in CR and I have seen others answered this way.

>Issam,

>And by the way where is the Data Dynamics newsgroup. Give us the address so
>we can follow the post of all of your satisfied customers. Like Robert said
>try paying for your adverti{*filter*}ts instead of using your sleazy tactics
>here. I would have considered looking at your product had I seen an
>adverti{*filter*}t. After seeing your desperation tactics here I can only guess
>you have an inferior report writer. I'm glad I already own an excellent
>report writer in CRW 6. Have a good day and let me know when you get that
>newsgroup working.

>--
>----------
>James

>Modern Business Solutions

>Remove nospam for email

Fri, 27 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Dynamic Reports with Crystal Reports 6.0

The newsgroup is working and has been working for a long time.  Please feel
free to visit news.datadynamics.com and you will see that we listen and
respond to our customers.  Now, can you tell me where is Seagate's newsgroup
server?

We do advertise in magazines and programming tools catalogs.

My reply and comments are in no way desparation tactics.  I have used
Crystal for a long long time and I had my share - like everyone else in this
newsgroup - of problems in UI, size, distribution.  ActiveReports is
smaller, faster, easier to learn, more open architecture, and fully
integrated into VB, I wouldn't call that inferior.

"sleazy tactics"  I don't see why, let me repeat my previous point.  Someone
could spend days trying to get CR to do the things that I jumped in and
"advertised" AR.   I think if someone suggested an easier to use and a
better tool I would consider it rather than wasting my time trying to teach
an old dog new tricks.

I am glad you are satisfied with your Crystal 6, let me know if there is
anything you cannot do with CR and I'll make sure that you can do it with
AR.

I have not taken any of this personally and I hope you wouldn't.

Thank you,

Data Dynamics - http://www.*-*-*.com/

Quote:

>> 1) you do more than answer where CR doesnt have solutions, I have had my
>own
>> posts answered by "try ......" when there were perfectly acceptable
>> solutions in CR and I have seen others answered this way.

>Issam,

>And by the way where is the Data Dynamics newsgroup. Give us the address so
>we can follow the post of all of your satisfied customers. Like Robert said
>try paying for your adverti{*filter*}ts instead of using your sleazy tactics
>here. I would have considered looking at your product had I seen an
>adverti{*filter*}t. After seeing your desperation tactics here I can only guess
>you have an inferior report writer. I'm glad I already own an excellent
>report writer in CRW 6. Have a good day and let me know when you get that
>newsgroup working.

>--
>----------
>James

>Modern Business Solutions

>Remove nospam for email

Sat, 28 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Dynamic Reports with Crystal Reports 6.0

as a fact CR Engine 6.0 exposes the whole CR objects .. unfortunately some
of the methods and properties calls return NOT IMPLEMENTED :(  at present.

ciao, sabba

Quote:

>You can do that with ActiveReports from Data Dynamics
>http://www.datadynamics.com

>Issam Elbaytam
>Data Dynamics

>>Does anybody know if its possible to programmatically create a report
using
>>Crystal Reports 6.0.  In other words, rather than design a report, use
>>VBScript or VB to automate the construction of a single report that is a
>>on-demand mix of existing reports and graphs.

>>thanks,

>>Francis Wong

Fri, 03 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Dynamic Reports with Crystal Reports 6.0

You can create report using Crystal Report 6.0 dynamically.
However, you have to use DAO, RDO, ADO or CDO as
the record set obtained from a data source.
I successfully implemented DAO and RDO.  However, I
still have problem implementing ADO.
To do this You use a Crystal's Definition File either by creating it first
Through Crystal Report App or creating dynamically using
function CreateReportOnRuntimeDS in their p2smon.dll.
However you have to use Declare Function before calling this
function.
This function creates Definition file as well as report file.
By the way you can launch the report by just setting a flag
in the last argument of this function.

For more information:  Look at on line help on
"Seagate Crystal Reports Developer's Help"
Hope it helps.

Does anybody know if its possible to programmatically create a report using
Crystal Reports 6.0.  In other words, rather than design a report, use
VBScript or VB to automate the construction of a single report that is a
on-demand mix of existing reports and graphs.
A rather sleazy way to advertise. I question just how good ActiveReports is
if you need to stoop to this level?
James

Modern Business Solutions

Sat, 04 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Crystal Report 4.6 in Crystal Report 6.0

2. Dynamic Reports with Crystal 6.0

3. Creating Dynamic Reports - Using Crystal Reports Engine

4. Crystal Reports 6.0 RDC, new instance each report?

5. Crystal Reports ANd VB 6.0 Printing reports using CRPEAUTO Object, specifying paper orientation problem

6. Adding several reports to vb app with crystal report 6.0 designer

7. How to compile multiple reports into one executable under Crystal Report 6.0

8. Help: VB6 Crashes after adding Crystal Report 6.0 Designer report

9. VB 6.0 reports vs. Crystal 6.0

10. VB 6.0 and Crystal Reports 6.0

11. VB 6.0 reports vs. Crystal 6.0

12. Crystal Reports 4.5 to Seagate Crystal Info 6.0 API